All kinds of spruce have the ability to harmoniously integrate into the gardens of various styles. This is facilitated by their architectural firm and the right of the crown, a neutral color is green needles
Among the 50 species of coniferous trees, growing around the globe, the Canadian blue-gray fir is in a special position. The tree is loved by gardeners and landscape designers for the unusual color of the needles, for accurate fluffiness branches and perfect conical shape. It is decorated with the city's parks and gardens, it pleases with its northern beauty of the owners of country sites, and is often used for arranging the hedges.
- Popular varieties
- How to choose a tree
- Planting and propagation
- Canadian spruce: Care
- Diseases and treatment
Canadian small evergreen Christmas tree is used in the creation of parks, miniatures, thanks to its correct shape and compact size it can emphasize the special atmosphere of a fairy-tale
- 1 Popular varieties
- 2 Despite the fact that Canadian spruce enough tolerates shade better than to plant it in the open areas. Wood likes fertile, moist soil, especially to successfully grow on drained loams. Spruce conic in landscape design prefers partial shade, as well as the soil is slightly moist and had a sufficient amount of fertilizer Planting spruce. First of all, make sure that the root system of seedlings did not retain moisture. When transplanting seedlings stick spacing of 2-3 meters. Root cervix plants should be placed at ground level. The depth of the hole -. 50-70 cm Please note that in the early years of Canadian spruce grows weak and can not stand the frequent transfers. It responds poorly to seal it, and trampling the soil, does not like the proximity of groundwater. Before planting the Canadian spruce in open ground, roots grow their three or four years in a pot Tip! For guaranteed positive results incorporated into the soil 100-150 g of NPK. Reproduction. The basic material for breeding spruce seeds. Before transplanting into the soil is necessary to stratification (withstand the seed at a particular temperature) for 2-3 months. This procedure will increase the germination of seeds spruce. If you do not want to waste time and want to land the plant immediately, soak the seeds for a day or buy ready-made plants. Garden forms are propagated by cuttings and ate very rarely grafted plant. The main entrance to the house can be decorated with flower beds and coniferous plants, the main role of which is required to take the cone evergreen spruce Tip! Young fir trees planted under the protection of the best older trees. Under their canopy, they quietly outsource and spring frosts, and the scorching sun. Canadian spruce: Care
- 3 Diseases and treatment
Existing tree species allow to apply it in different compositions, and as a single decorative element of the landscape. Consider the most popular varieties of fir Canadian.
Small cones spruce harmonious look, planted in pots and placed on a site
- Canadian spruce conic ( «Conica») - is the undisputed leader. It actively used in the compositions, on the ground, are grown in containers, process rocky gardens and terraces. The tree grows up to 4 meters but only reaches this size to 60 years.
Expected durability "Conies" more than three decades, making it suitable as reference points compositions
The unusual blue color of the Canadian "Conics" variety to any landscaping group
It has impeccable pyramidal crown, which branches tightly adjacent to each other. This variety is well tolerated shading, and grows slowly, that suits many. It refers to dwarf forms of spruce.
Smooth dwarf fir cones are good and in the traditional front garden, and on the rocky slope, and as the dominant periodic planar in gardens
- Canadian spruce ehiniformis ( «Echiniformis») - this is the sort of slow growing tree. For 30 years her height is only 50 cm, with an average growth of Canadian spruce 25-35 meters.
As a young man sticking out in all directions shoots form a spherical shape, and later becomes a cushion-crown
Very compact, with shoots of 2 cm and 1 meter crown, it is often used in rocky gardens, allowing you to create amazing compositions without excessive shading other flora. Light-requiring, prefers slightly acidic and moist soil.
Spruce spherical Ehiniformis hardy, likes a sunny location, but tolerates partial shade and.
- Canadian spruce Daisy very similar to the conic. The variety is frost-proof but requires the mandatory shading from the March sun. For 10 years can grow up to 80 cm. In decorative terms of interest in May and June, when giving a yellow-white growths.
Despite the identical shape with the "conic" spruce "Daisy" has a special mood and color in a different look in the landscape composition
It looks great as a tapeworm in the heather garden and is combined with plant composition rock garden.
Special decorative properties herringbone gains when new growth, which takes place in late May - early June. First, they have a yellowish-white color, and later - green
- Alberta spruce attracted by its spherical shape. Small tree, with a height of 1 meter diameter and the same crown, oriental fits in a composition applied in gardens and stony heath. It exudes amazing fragrance has a soft pale green needles, with the needles 6-9 mm.
Excellent element correct the spherical form, for use in the compositions of landscape
This type of spruce perfectly complement the oriental-style composition, heather and rocky gardens, and is also suitable for growing in a container
- spruce Pendula ( «Pendula») represents weeping shape varieties spruce. A.Karerom was discovered in one of the parks of Versailles. Branched, with blue needles, it is of interest in the design of artificial ponds and swimming pools.
Pendula Fir - tree with hang pretty tight branches, forming a cascade effect