Carport, Attached Garage
Placement machine - one of the important issues that must be provided, engaging in planning territory portion. Canopies for cars in the country will be a great alternative to the usual garage.
- House with carport: select options
- How to make a carport: main stages
Carport - as part of a modern home
Carport with a carrier and auxiliary supports
Carport with a wooden wall
Providing sufficient protection from the weather and sun canopy will allow, if necessary, even in the rain to do a little repair. In addition, the garage - the structure of capital, and therefore require costly and takes a lot of space. Canopy - and significantly less expensive and takes up little space, and, if necessary, can be disassembled and moved to another location.
Carport with a metal frame in a village house
Canopy without pillars, hanging kreplenieyami to home
House with carport
House with carport: select options
The canopy can be a part of the house (Attached) and detached. It is important that a carport in the exterior harmoniously combined with the other elements.
The role played by a carport of the house
Carport with a carrier and auxiliary supports
Shed carport road, concrete slabs embedded in the gravel
Carport with a walkway from the shed to the house
Therefore, a wooden carport erected, if the main house - a wooden (lumber, Round logs). It is quite durable (with a regular processing protective structures can last 20-30 years), can be built independently, without additional equipment, as a coating using metal roofing, polycarbonate, etc. ondulin
Visually, solid wooden shelter
Wooden shed with wooden bumpers
Wooden shelter in a wooden house
For the houses modern design is more suitable metal carport, it built from shaped pipe, angle, channel, etc. This design is perfect for a small area - its component elements have a small thickness, and if used for roofing polycarbonate, such a design would not clutter the space, the view will just slide through it.
Metal roof canopy with polycarbonate
Canopy of a metal frame, painted in blue color
The canopy of a metal frame with the roof fitted under the terrace
There are several most popular roof forms canopy:
- single-slope canopy for a car - the easiest to install, typically used in the construction of shelters, and attached to the house. Among the shortcomings should be noted a small angle of inclination, which may lead to congestion at the relatively flat surface of the snow, leaves and other debris. That is why the design should take into account the possibility of excessive pressure to prevent deformation or structural damage
Shed carport, Attached Garage
Shed shed covered with slate
Monolithic shed from one carrier support
- gable - they are more practical than the Shed. Most of all - it is free-standing structure, to their construction will require some experience and the ability to correctly calculate the possible load
Wooden gable overhang
Gable overhang, adjoined to the side wall of the house
Carport, built between the garage and utility room
- arch - the optimal solution, as due to good stability, they do an excellent job with the snow load, can withstand strong gusts of wind.
The massive arched canopy
Sloping arched canopy
Typical canopy design for the machine shown in Figure 1.
Fig.1 Diagram .. carport
When designing a carport drawings should provide a few more details:
- electricity - lit parking area will greatly enhance the safety of driving. The inclusion of lighting may be different, for example, a sensor that reacts to the opening of the gate. Or motion sensor, mounted directly under the canopy - combined with the timer, it will turn on the backlight for a time sufficient for parking, as well as to ensure that the driver took the things and went into the house. In addition, the presence of illumination allow for a small car repair, even at night. Not interfere with display and one or two outlet to connect accessories, such as a vacuum cleaner or washing station. It should take into account that require special wiring and additionally protected fixtures for streets
Carport for two cars, adjoined to a two-story house
Wooden shed with built-in lights
Carport with a roof of solar panels
Carport in the alcove of a modern home
- water supply and drainage - will make it possible to wash the car, and the water will be discharged from the parking area
Shed shed from adjacent rooms
Shed shed. Attached to the house
Shed and a house with a roof
How to make a carport: main stages
First of all, we decide on a canopy size, which will depend on the dimensions of the machine and the number of cars. To accommodate a single machine (unless it is a question of representation limousines or large-sized pickup trucks) will be enough canopy size 3h4m. For two cars (one - family car, the second, slightly smaller city cars) fit the canopy to the size of 5x6 m.
Carport with a glass roof for one car
Carport for two cars
The construction of carport can be divided into the following phases (metal frame set):
- floor - perfect for car paving stone tiles or reinforced on the bottom, or geogrid concrete slab. For heavy vehicles (SUVs) will have to make a monolithic concrete slab. For this purpose, the depth of the bayonet shovel (20-25 cm) was deprotected primer over the entire area of the planned lot, then poured sand bed (about 15 cm) and well tamped (shedding the sand can be well water). Thereafter stack waterproofing (roofing, flashing) to protect the concrete from a possible lifting of groundwater. In addition, this saves concrete, because the water-cement slurry does not go into the soil. Install formwork, laid reinforcing mesh, poured gravel and concrete is poured (Figure 2)
Fig. 2. Concreting platform
In summer, the final solidification would take a week, during which the concrete must be watered with water to avoid cracking
Concrete pad and the road leading to it are integrally
Canopy to the entrance to a house in one of the walls
- installation of support - there are several possible options. Supports to which is attached the frame can be concreted at the same time laying off the floor. Another embodiment - Front overhang with welded anchoring heel may be attached to a concrete base (Figure 3).
Fig. 3. Stand with welded heel
If the floor concreting is not carried out, you can buy ready-made RC foundation blocks, which will be attached (welded) supporting pillars (Fig. 4) with the corners and brackets.
Fig. 4. Installation of supports in using concrete blocks
If the site is laid tiles, you can use the drill can dig a pit (recommended depth - 1 m), insert the support columns and concreted them.
The support posts are concreted in the ground
Wooden canopy from the pillars, concreted in the ground
- frame device - first install the support columns, aligning them on the level. Then mounted to the upper tier racks, which are welded to the truss. In the calculations, and installation of the canopy can not try to save on the crossbeams and farms, because in winter, when the snow falls, the main burden falls not on the cover, and on the frame. A large stock of structural strength is especially important for roofs with small inclination of the roof - in such a surface snow load will be particularly great.
Canopy with multiple support posts
Carport, fused to a concrete wall
The smaller the overhang area of the cell, the more pressure it can withstand. Usually set is used for a carcass profile pipes: Rack - 80h80mm or 100x100 mm cross - 40x80 mm, bent Farm - 40x40 mm. Farms are mounted in steps of 1 m, cross-rafters -. In increments of 50 cm for complex structures, you can use a special program, conducting calculation of trusses and rafters, but it is better to consult a specialist.
Partially covered carport for several cars
Canopy with multiple support posts and the base wall
Tip! When all the components and design details are collected and secured, the whole frame thoroughly sanded and stained
- installation of roof - can be used polycarbonate, corrugated board, awning or metalocherepitsu.
Carport with a roof made of polycarbonate
Sunshade with a glass roof
canopy roof is made of a pergola type
The choice of roofing material is worth considering in more detail:
- carports polycarbonate - the material is easy to use, and acceptable for the price, and it's not all advantages. It is very light, so do not require the foundation of a powerful and resistant, but it is able to withstand large (as peak and static) load, do not miss the ultraviolet (the machine will not overheat) may have a different color and, therefore, transparency. Polycarbonate is very flexible, in harmony with the eaves of the wood, forging or metal, which makes it possible to create both laconic and strict and bizarre complex designs
Carport with decking made of polycarbonate
- carports made of corrugated board - quickly mounted thanks to the simplicity of all operations can be carried out independently, practical to use, easy enough and the average cost. Sheets to be installed with a slight overlap, fixing them with galvanized screws
Carport with a roof of corrugated board
- a canopy of metal - coating sufficiently hard, so the design will be close to the capital. Most often used metal roofing when a car shed attached to the house, the roof of which gradually turns into the roof overhang
Gable roof with overhang of metal
- awning - a simple canopy that can be considered as a temporary option. Although if you use a durable, rubberized tarp fastened to the frame, such canopy can last for 5-7 years
The canopy of the awning
Canopy of a two-level tent
Tip! To shed harmoniously combined with the other elements of landscape design, you can decorate the canopy, using the frame as a pergola, landed creepers: clematis, climbing rose, etc.
Canopy is a continuation of the house
Metal canopy entwined lawn flower
Watching a movie on the side wall of the house with a carport