Wide white baguette in the living room
Sometimes, after the completion of the renovation, the room is no feeling of integrity and harmony. Neglect decorating techniques can result in visual unfinished interior. Solve this problem can baguette ceiling - one of the most popular types of final decorative finish of the room.
- skirting manufacturing materials, their pros and cons
- Variety of shapes and sizes
- Choose the color and style
Baguette - this is a decorative frame on the docking line the walls and the ceiling in the form of strips, used to decorate homes.
Crown moldings, moldings have a high aesthetic and practical value in the interior. Its color, shape or size, they can emphasize the exquisite wallpaper, soften the color transition between the walls and the ceiling or gently pass on the border of a combination of different finishing materials. Ceiling molding may mask small error of construction and repair, the joint between the uneven paper or non-ideal geometry angles.
Ceiling moldings original form in the bathroom
Elegant plaster cornice
Wide wooden molding in the dining room
Delicate frame ceiling in the living room
Materials manufacturing ceiling baguettes, their pros and cons
Ceiling moldings are made of different materials. When choosing to be guided by the type of finish in the room, the ceiling type (painting, drywall, tension), The style in the interior and on their own taste preferences.
Foam ceiling moldings
The most popular type of skirting.
- The foam is very light, so do not come off the wall under the weight of weight, as is the case with wooden baguettes.
- Easy installation - skirting board is glued to the walls and ceiling with silicone sealant or a special glue.
- A wide choice of design.
- Low cost.
Tip! If you want to save on repairs - choose the foam ceiling moldings. It is practical, beautiful and cost-effective solution!
- Fragility - transporting and installing it is necessary to very carefully.
- Foam - flammable material.
The plinth of the foam in a sleek design
Skirting Ceiling polyurethane
This type of baguette has a super-flexible, used for framing rounded walls, columns, bay windows, wave-like structures made of plasterboard.
- High flexibility allows you to set a baguette in the most difficult places.
- A wide choice of design.
- Easy installation - skirting board is glued to the ceiling and walls with special glue or silicone sealant.
- Higher cost.
- Extra effort during installation.
Tip! To give the polyurethane baguette desired shape - it can be a little warm the building dryer.
Flexible polyurethane moldings framed by a rounded structure made of plasterboard
Decorative moldings made of plastic
Plastic molding is used in combination with wall or ceiling PVC panels. In its design, the plinth has a slot into which the edge of the panel. In fact, plastic moldings just hanging sandwiched panels. In addition, it can be secured with screws - drilling a hole in the groove.
Important! Frames made of plastic suitable for PVC ceilings.
- Little weight.
- Low cost.
- Easy installation.
- Resistance to moisture and temperature changes.
- Small ornamental variety.
- When you replace only the baseboard need to dismantle the entire structure of PVC panels.
Plastic moldings in conjunction with panels of PVC in the kitchen
Gypsum decorative prints
Decorative cornice plaster - delicious molding for walls. Lightweight models are glued to the wall with adhesive, water-based, or a special putty. Heavy broad inlay further fixed with screws. Cap screws smeared gypsum mixture, and the whole cornice painted completely or partly.
Tip! Install a plaster cornice in a room with high ceilings - it will fill a walking space and give the room elegance.
- Huge selection of stylistic solutions.
- The strength and durability.
- Easy to install light weight models.
- Lack of flexibility, complexity of installation on uneven surfaces.
- Gypsum fragile, afraid of accidental falls.
- The extra effort when installing heavy-duty models.
Ornate plaster cornice in the living room
Wooden ceiling baguette
Tip! Wooden ceiling baguette can be used in ensemble with wooden ceiling.
Frames made of wood is the most expensive. It is installed by means of screws to a pre-fixed between the walls and ceiling of wooden triangular bars. Cap screws are masked by decorative caps or special putty smeared if a baguette is supposed to be painted.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Wealthy noble appearance.
- High price.
- Lack of flexibility, complexity of installation on uneven terrain.
- Heavy, extra effort during installation.
- Sensitivity to moisture and temperature changes.
- Frames made of wood flammable.
- Susceptibility to infection by a fungus and mold.
Tip! To prolong the life of wooden moldings - treat with antifungal agents, and periodically thereafter, apply a special protective solution. Remember that the room in which there are wooden products, you need to air regularly.
Wooden baguette made in the same style with beamed ceilings,
Variety of shapes and sizes
When selecting skirting can find a large abundance of design forms and variations: from laconic restrained thin strip - to the wide, carved, ornate moldings.
The width of the strips varies in the range from 3 to 25 cm., And separate individual items may exceed the maximum value.
Tip! Before you decide on the width of the acquired baguette - to estimate the height of ceilings in your home. In rooms with low ceilings, it is appropriate to look plinth width 10 cm. Solid wide moldings are suitable for rooms with high ceilings.
No less diverse choice of form and pattern of the ceiling moldings - it curls and bas-reliefs, plant and animal ornamentation, geometric patterns and delicate.
Exquisite carved decorative cornice
Choosing plinth ceiling, use these tips:
- At one-colored walls will look impressively voluminous carved moldings.
- If the wallpaper on the wall are colorful floral pattern, a smooth transition to the ceiling with a thin baguette strict.
- Pattern on a baguette may overlap with the patterns of other elements in the room - with wrought iron legs of chairs or painting frames.
- Strict flat baguette strengthen the feeling of elongation, if there is a pattern of horizontal stripes on the walls. Correct the situation plinth surround filigree ornament, or a baguette with carved undulating lower edge.
Wide prints look great in rooms with high ceilings
Slim sleek baguette combined with the style of minimalism
Carved plaster moldings in the living room
Ceiling trim molding in a classical setting
Ceiling baguette with original pattern
Choose the color and style
White - the color of the main manufacture of decorative moldings, except wood. Moldings made of plastic foam, polyurethane and plaster can be painted in any color and if you want to repaint many times. Harder with baguettes made of plastic - their white color and remain intact. eaves Gypsum can leave pure white, stain completely or partially cover the convex portions separate gold. The highlight of the unpainted wooden baguette is that you will not find two identical strips. On each of them will have their own, unique, textured pattern. Noble and expensive it will look a baguette made of precious wood (oak, alder), and varnished. Wooden baguette also can be painted.
Three easy steps when choosing colors ceiling moldings:
- Color baguette coincides with the color of the ceiling.
- Baguette is painted to match the walls.
- Baguette has a bright, contrasting color.
Ceiling moldings painted a bright orange color
Due to the wide variety of decor and style of performance, foam and polyurethane moldings can be used in both classical and modern interiors. For the style of minimalism suitable thin baguette in a restrained design. The kitchen and the bathroom is appropriate to use moisture-proof plastic moldings.
Despite the high cost of a baguette made of natural wood is durable, and even aging will give the room an elegant vintage spirit. Carved wooden moldings look great in a classic living room, and a more modest and unpainted - in Mediterranean interior and rooms in style Provence.
Helpful! The decor of the room with his hands - decoration techniques, bedroom decor ideas for the bathroom design of children
Decorative plaster cornice is suitable for rooms, decorated in classic, elegant and artsy style. In the interior of such a ledge can be supplemented molded frame of door and window openings, circular socket for chandeliers.
Texture and color resonate with baguette picture frames
Baguette and furniture painted in the same color of the cherry
Gray baguette between the white walls and ceiling
Door and window frames and ceiling moldings are painted in pale blue
Contrast strip wood moldings in the living room