- 1 Kinds. The structure of the inflorescence and shades
- 2 Celosia. Planting and caring for plants
- 3 Necessary care for seedlings celosia
- 4 Transplanting in the open ground After transplanting to a permanent place of seedlings need of intensive care. With poor irrigation the plants will not produce new stalks. Therefore, they must have sufficient moisture especially in the hot season. Once in twenty days, the plants require special feeding fertilizers that can be alternated with bird droppings. Celosia can not overfeed, otherwise it will not grow flowers and foliage. The plant does not tolerate low temperatures, the most favorable - 23-25 °. Celosia flowers at home for a long time, but the room for this to be ventilated and always well lighted. In the intense heat of the plant is necessary to spray. The higher the humidity and the temperature, the better should be illuminated. For good growth and flowering celosia require regular watering and occasional fertilizer Scenic ear celosia plant Propagation
- 5 Diseases and treatment
- Kinds. The structure of the inflorescence and shades
- Celosia. Planting and caring for plants
- Necessary care for seedlings celosia
- Transplanting in the open ground
- Caring for plants after transplantation
- plant Propagation
- Diseases and treatment
This spectacular plant with an incredibly beautiful inflorescences subdue anyone by their appearance. Celosia in Greek means "fiery, burning, blazing." And there is. It glows different colors plants will adorn any flower bed or flower beds.
Flower celosia may superficially resemble a rooster comb, painted in incredibly bright shades. flowers another species like the plumage of birds, soft to the touch, have the same bright colors.
Luxury celosia will be a great decoration of the garden
Each variety celosia in its own magnificent
Many poets were delighted with the beauty of this plant and call it "smart dude." Bright, luxurious outfit makes celosia true fashionistas, to conquer the hearts of people!
Celosia genus includes about 60 species of annual and perennial herbaceous plants belonging to the family of Amaranth. The flowers can reach a height of almost one meter. Each variety inherent in its height and an exceptional appearance.
Kinds. The structure of the inflorescence and shades
Under the form of inflorescences these plants are divided into three types, which prefer to grow almost all growers:
This type celosia so similar to birds crest - a bright and beautiful
Yellow comb celosia
Bright, elegant comb celosia in the garden
Paniculata celosia like a neat colored panicles - looks very nice on the site
Delicate, beautiful ear celosia
Each type Amarantov in its own exotic, beautiful, has its advantages.
celosia cristata It got its name thanks to a peculiar flat inflorescence, similar to those of cockscomb. Flowers in large comb inflorescences are bright shades of pink, purple, orange and yellow colors. Dark purple leaves of the plant ovate with pointed tips. This type celosia pleases unique flowering in the second half of June to the of November.
celosia scallops may be of different colors
This unusual flower looks great in flower compositions, including wedding bouquets
Some varieties of this species:
- "Impress". Its height is 25 cm. The inflorescences are brightred coloring.
- In the variety 'Atropurpurea"Large flowers painted in a purplish-red color, and stem pinkishGreen colour 20 cm.
The richness of deep purple color draws attention to this lush flower
- Flowers grade "Imperialist»Dark purple, exactly as leaves and shoots.
- "Koktsinea"- it is very showy bright red" comb ", green leaves.
In appearance celosia paniculata (Pinnate) similar to a broom different colors. The plant has several subspecies, differing in height. The highest (1 m) are grown for bouquets, undersized (40 cm) decorate lawns. on well lit, protected from the strong wind areas the plant will bloom until late fall.
Bright inflorescence paniculate celosia
Luxury broom celosia on a bed
Plants of this species differ in stem height, the colors of inflorescences, leaves and shoots. Celosia water-loving at home, as well as on the open soil needs constant watering in one and the same time of day.
- "Geisha"With a variety of color shades inflorescence has a height of 20-25 cm.
Delicate white celosia
- A little higher "Goldfeder"The height of 30 cm. Bright yellow buds have a golden hue.
- Greenish-pink shoots and leaves with pink streaks interesting varieties "Foyerfeder"Decorated with bright red flowers. Plant height is 35 cm.
Unusual celosia with bright red inflorescences and reddish leaves
- "New Look"- this sort of amazes interesting combination of scarlet flower clusters and purple leaves with a metallic glint. The height of the class of 35-40 cm.
Compelling New celosia onions
- Tallest "Golden Flitts"Reaches a height of 80 cm. It is incredibly beautiful orange blossoms with gold.
Bright, sunny celosia varieties Golden Flitts
- In the variety 'Thomson Magnifica"Stems with leaves, greenish-pink flowers and maroon. The plant can reach a height of 60-80 cm.
celosia spikelet yet the least popular in our latitudes, but interest in it has increased, and no wonder - it is different ornamental species, because its inflorescence looks very reminiscent of fluffy ears completely different colors.
Fluffy ears celosia become a beautiful decorative garden ornament
White spikelet celosia
Celosia. Planting and caring for plants
Growing celosia is a favorite pastime of all gardeners. Because of its value for the indescribable beauty, long flowering and very little maintenance. Even after flowering plant does not lose its decorative effect. Stems, shiny bright green, burgundy, red and bronze tones, are worthy decoration of any flower bed.
Planting celosia begins with site selection and soil preparation. The location should be sunny and always protected from the wind. This plant likes slightly acidic and soft earth. Celosia before planting into the soil you need to add a small amount of humus.
Celosia loves the sun and can not tolerate drafts
Beautiful purple "crest" celosia
Variegated broom celosia on a bed
Cultivation of celosia seeds - the most convenient way of plant propagation. Sowing of seedlings can be started at the end of March. In this case, the seeds are pressed into the soil, just scattered on its surface moist and covered with foil. Seven days after the first shoots to appear.
Necessary care for seedlings celosia
Only with proper care of the seedlings can achieve excellent results.
- Immature young seedlings must be protected from the scorching sun rays. They can be covered with a newspaper or plain paper.
- Seedlings do not tolerate dry land. Seedlings are recommended to water in the morning with good sunny weather. Watering is carried out very carefully, because the immature roots of excess moisture may rot. To avoid this, regularly loosened soil. You can also sprinkle wood ash it.
Watering celosia should be sufficient to moderate
Celosia thank for leaving a bright long-lasting color
To avoid damaging the roots when planting a permanent place of their first dive in peat cups.
Remember that seedlings celosia home, that is grown in the home, it is imperative to highlight. For this purpose, use halogen or fluorescent lamps for plants.