Light linoleum in the kitchen, simulating tiles of different sizes
When choosing linoleum under the tile in the kitchen or another room, you need to understand the varieties of type of flooring and its features. But first, let's define what is linoleum imitating tile, and what its benefits.
- Other advantages of linoleum under the tile
- varieties of linoleum
- Recommendations for choosing a
- Choosing linoleum depending on the type of room
- Tile size linoleum
- color linoleum
- Material linoleum
Juicy contrast linoleum combination with yellow mills
Multicolored linoleum on mosaic tiles
Wide zigzag pattern will expand the space of the living room
Checkered linoleum in bright colors
The main feature of the product - its appearance: it really reminds tiles, only cover without seams and solid. The main advantage of this option compared to the traditional, which depicts rectangles - is non-standard. At first it seems that the floor is a real tile, especially if high-quality linoleum.
Imitation tiles made of natural stone
Of course, to distinguish between two types of coverage is easy enough, but the idea is surprising for its originality, because you're not a bed for a conventional linoleum and steel use tile (In some areas it would be not appropriate).
Contrast pattern on the linoleum in the kitchen bright yellow
- 1 Other advantages of linoleum under the tile
- 2 varieties of linoleum
- 3 Recommendations for choosing a
- 4 Choosing linoleum depending on the type of room
- 5 Tile size linoleum
- 6 Design
- 7 color linoleum
- 8 manufacturers
- 9 Linoleum Tile: Linoleum material
Other advantages of linoleum under the tile
- Cost. This factor is most often decisive in the choice. Today's prices for Linoleum are quite attractive: you can buy an inexpensive, yet quality, product. Tiles are usually more expensive.
Accent floor in kitchen lighter
- Wear resistance. Of course, this durable tile. However, the best linoleum can be operated for 10 years or more.
- Good insulation. According to this criterion the material better tiles; It's warm, comfortable to walk on it. And if you use high-quality substrate, the coating will be similar Warm and soft floor.
Durable and practical linoleum with a pattern for tiling
- Attractive appearance. With a variety of types, colors and textures, you can choose linoleum, which will be combined perfectly with any interior. At present the quality of the tiles also have, and then we can say that it linoleum on this indicator is not inferior.
Interesting tiled pattern on the linoleum in an eclectic living room
- Easy to install. Since this is a single fabric, the product only need to spread out on the floor and give it a complete rest before installing the furniture (it is desirable that the floor was smooth). Dismantle it easier than tile.
- Visual factor. The product is suitable color, pattern and texture is visually expanding the space. Although tile also has this advantage.
The flooring in the pastel colors for a bright room
- High quality. Modern technologies allow to create very durable linoleum, and this figure is constantly improving.
- Ease of care. The material is impervious to water, so it can be washed. Moreover, it is better to use a small amount of moisture, for example, a damp cloth. Suitable for cleaning linoleum and various detergents.
Living style Shabby-chic with the budget for this floor covering
varieties of linoleum
Depending on the scope and level of the required permeability (ie the load that the material can withstand), linoleum differs in three types: domestic, semi-commercial, commercial.
Usually used in a residential area and where there is a low load. The thickness of the product is typically 1.2 - 1.6 mm. The advantage of residential linoleum - low price. Disadvantage - relatively low level of strength, but with proper maintenance and it can maintain an attractive appearance for a long time, more than 5-7 years.
Chess figure on household linoleum in the living room
Use in premises with an average level of permeability, offices, stores and so on. d. It is made of PVC and fiberglass, which makes it more durable than household linoleum. Material has good thermal and acoustic insulation characteristics.
Semi-commercial linoleum in the office with a pattern that simulates the tiles
Linoleum Tile can be covered with a special compound, which makes it more durable. The cost of this species linoleum can be about the same as that of the consumer, it all depends on the manufacturer.
Is considered the most durable and expensive, is stable to chemicals. It is used in places with a high level of permeability, for example, in shopping centers.
Bright autumn color of flooring in a small cafe
Commercial linoleum is of two kinds:
- Artificial (synthetic materials are used for the production);
- Natural (used for producing flax oil, wood flour, natural fibers). It is more durable and eco-friendly view - it can operate for 30-40 years.
Black-and-white linoleum in the cell is combined with a red tint
Especially interesting embodiment natural coating impregnated with linseed oil. Such linoleum has an attractive appearance and features easy maintenance.
School corridor with color checkered floor covering
Recommendations for choosing a
- Determine the degree of stress, how many people will come into the room, what furniture will it be located.
- Experts advise select fabric width such that it can be put one roll (without seams and joints);
Bright linoleum in the children's room
- If, however, uses two or more fabrics, choose material from the same batch, since different batches of color and texture may differ.
- On the cover is easy to slip, if spilled any liquid, so you can buy a linoleum tiles anti-slip coating.
Anti-slip linoleum flooring is ideal for bathrooms
- Before the installation of the product to be rolled in a roll and set in a vertical position, since a horizontal position, it may be damaged.
- In the product should be a quality certificate. It is advisable to buy linoleum in specialized or large DIY stores.
The flooring in pastel colors in the nursery
Choosing linoleum depending on the type of room
For areas of high permeability (kitchen, hallway) Is recommended to choose a commercial or semi-commercial linoleum with a thickness greater than 3 mm and 0.25 mm sheeting.
Zoning cuisine using beautiful chess Linoleum Tile
For living room suitable material 1.5 mm thick with a protective coating to 0.2 mm. Since mechanical damage linoleum in the room are much less than, for example, in the kitchen, you can buy products made of polyester (a softer version of the foam, but also cheaper).
Design interior design living room in different shades
For bedrooms suitable coating 1.2 - 1.5 mm to the protective layer to 0.2 mm. Although if it is used not only as intended (e.g., is child) can select a commercial or semi-commercial linoleum thickness exceeding 3 mm.
Plain black linoleum in a large square in the bedroom
Tile size linoleum
Modern linoleum produced in three embodiments texture:
- Classic style. Linoleum tiles in standard sizes - a traditional design. The canvas will simulate a real tile, and thanks to the variety of options you can choose a custom layout, which will be in harmony with the decor of the room. Usually stores offer catalogs with photos, where you can see how it will look like linoleum in the interior.
Traditional checkerboard pattern on the linoleum under the tile
- Little tiles. Tile also creates a simulation on the floor, though a small, but this design only becomes more sophisticated. Used for laying in any premises. However, the linoleum with a pattern under the tiles of small size is not suitable for small rooms and bathrooms.
An interesting custom drawing in the style of "Alice in Wonderland"
- Large tiles. This embodiment, by contrast, expands the space visually, so covering can be installed in the premises of a small area: in the kitchen, bathroom etc.
A large square on the linoleum will help expand the space of a small hallway
linoleum types available today, simulating a variety of coatings. The most popular options are:
- Linoleum for ceramic tiles. The most popular design option, which can be used in any room. Figure simple, but due to the variety of colors and textures, you can choose the custom option.
Bright colorful linoleum patchwork
- Material imitating parquet. His dignity - a stylish look.
- The coating that mimics mosaic wood. A very interesting option, and not so common, so quite original.
laminate imitation linoleum on a light coffee
If you want to stand out on the floor interior background (for example, you bought a very non-standard coating, and want it to become a major decorating element), choose a color that will contrast with the furniture and walls. You can also buy several decorating elements to match the linoleum to design look more harmonious.
If the furniture and walls in the room saturated colors, choose linoleum tiles under neutral colors - beige, gray, light green. If the room you need to create an atmosphere of comfort, choose pastel shades.
Bright color juicy wooden flooring in boiler
Linoleum is a white tile is recommended to choose where no pets and small children. Although this is only a factor that will allow you rarely wash coat (if you like cleanliness and constantly perform cleaning, why not buy a white linoleum). The color goes well with modern interiors, visually expands the space and the furniture seems easier.
Light linoleum in the studio apartment
You can buy and linoleum, made in different colors, but this coating is suitable for creating a bright, solar interior. To create a relaxed environment more suitable coating is a monotone color.
Linoleum Tile can have a diagonal pattern. This option is suitable for small spaces (as it allows to visually expand the space) and where required energy (for example, for the bedroom it will not be very relevant).
Black-and-white kitchen linoleum emphasizes the contrast
Black Linoleum Tile - such coverage may seem grim, but if the product is beautifully decorated, it will be very stylish option.
Today, many companies produce linoleum, but there are those that stand out quality and this design of its products:
- Tarkett (Sweden-Russia) is a world leader in the production of linoleum. The range of variety of designs and color schemes. There is a budget covering linoleum and "Lux". But always Tarkett products - this is a great quality and excellent appearance.
The world leader in linoleum with interesting and high-quality design flooring
- Juteks (Slovenia), a manufacturer of high-quality linoleum at prices the average category.
Beautiful linoleum under natural stone tiles
- Gerflor (France), in addition to wear resistance, these products are characterized by elegant appearance.
French linoleum bright color in a child's room
- The IVC (Belgium), linoleum is a custom design (there's even a cover that mimic wool), which is suitable for exclusive interiors.
Linoleum checkerboard patterned under carpeting
- Beauflor (Belgium), a manufacturer of high-quality linoleum.
Dear and interesting design of linoleum in the spacious living room
Important! In the market there are other decent brand so that it does not mean that just need to choose linoleum tiles exclusively under the five manufacturers.
Linoleum Tile: Linoleum material
There are several variants of raw materials and technologies for the production of linoleum, they differ environmental friendliness, durability and technical properties.
For the production uses only natural ingredients (flax oil, wood flour, jute fabric, pine resin). Such linoleum environmentally friendly and has excellent wear characteristics. He does not fade, resistant to fire, but is impervious to moisture and is characterized by fragility.
Thick linoleum tiled pattern in hallway
It is considered one of the most popular due to the optimal cost and good performance. Made of non-woven base with high thermal insulation performance. The material is resistant to moisture, so if you need a linoleum tile in the bathroom, it is commonly used polyvinylchloride covering. Disadvantage - the susceptibility to fats and acids.
Children's room in the calm blue-green tones
Made from nitrocellulose bases, whereby the material is resistant to moisture. It has a special luster, so it is quite an aesthetic finish. Lack - from temperature changes can be deformed.
Contrast checkered floor in a bright spacious room
In the manufacture of coated with alkyd resin, through which has good heat and sound insulation. However, the material is brittle, so it is not normally used in high-load and the possibility of mechanical damage.
Bedrooms in cold colors with linoleum in the large picture
Of course, when buying flooring, you can ask a professional who knows how to choose a linoleum tile. However, if you're well-versed in this issue, you probably will be able to buy a quality product.