In the modern interior one of the most interesting decision was the coffered ceiling
Modern and stylish coffered wood ceilings - this is the opportunity to design their home truly unique and luxurious. A huge role in the interior often play ceilings. The larger the room, above the ceiling, the more spacious it will seem the room visually.
- What are the ceilings from caissons
- Design decision in choosing
- Self-assembly of coffered ceilings
- The stages of the preparatory work
- Building materials required for operation
- Creating a framework for the construction of
- Fixing the finished boards
The ceiling in interior design plays a huge role
Wonderful Living in country style
Luxury coffered wood ceilings in the interior of the living room
Every year in the place drywall and suspended ceilings the ideas come more interesting and concise. In the room where the ceiling height exceeds 2.70 m, the ideal solution would be a caisson ceilings of wood. Caissons - is mounted recesses or niches that are made by joining beams. The main advantage is that the shape and decoration can be very diverse:
Stylish living room in white with high ceilings
Coffered ceiling will add to your unique interior
Beautiful coffered ceiling with ornaments in the shape of a rhombus
Creating a ceiling with caissons project, you need to be alert to the possibility that they will steal from 10-25 cm from the total height. Coffered ceilings are made of wood, the price of which always depends on the material and the cost of wood, have a variety of shapes and patterns.
What are the ceilings from caissons
Zoning ceiling using caisson structure
ceiling types can be made from various materials. The most noble looks, of course, wood. Versions:
- Classical. The most pleasant and stylish design of the ceiling is made of wood. To get the most harmonious combination of the ceiling of your room interiors need to think in advance color harmony and forms at its manufacturing. After creating the layout wizard make installation of the ceiling, which will be fully made of wood.
The cozy living room with a classic coffered ceiling
- Combined combination timber and MDF. This technique is the most similar to the classic, the only difference is that not all of the ceiling is made of wood, it is also used MDF. In a qualitative production of even the experienced master is not always able to determine what species include the work. Visually, this type does not differ from the classical variant.
- coffers of drywall and moldings. This option is by far the budget, but it is not suitable for self mounting. This work is quite complicated in execution, and handle only a professional will be able to it.
Caissons of drywall in the interior studio apartments
An interesting combination of caissons and stained glass in the design of the ceiling
Design decision in choosing
Interior in light tones not only looks beautiful, but also help expand the space visually
The classic manufacturing of wood coffered ceilings and traditional look will give your room a unique design. But another advantage of such ceilings can be called and originality in design. Here you will be able to realize their boldest solutions, create a ceiling on own design and taste. Here are some ways how you can create a unique option for your space.
- Sharp edges. With this option, the focus is on isolation of one element: a horizontal end of the whole surface or may be isolated tint. In such a coffered ceiling of wood, photos of which can be viewed on the site, the main task - to mark a clear distinction.
Contrast coffered ceiling in the office design
- Center of the composition. Based on the layout of a large room, you can create an original center of the whole ceiling of the composition. The starting element can be a circle or a square, which will disperse the main line of the ceiling. object layout will look especially beautiful and interesting on the floor of the same shape, if the reflection: round or square table or carpet.
- style chalet. Coffered options - is not only an inheritance classical interior. They look pretty interesting and country style or chalets, then used a beam roughly shaped, natural look. For maximum response from interior design textile elements can be mounted in the ceiling, which are used in the design of the room.
Provence style in the dining room interior
Beautiful living room in country style
- Form cells. Such embodiment is enough to perform a complicated technique, but the result would be a remarkable and interesting. The main thing is to choose the right color and size of the cells that will help to create maximum harmony.
- a color scheme. This type is perfect when it is planned to deepen 15 centimeters, while the volume and richness can be compensated by skilful combination of contrasting colors.
- The combination of wood and lining. If you plan to stick country music and the style of Provence, when you create a coffered ceiling paneling can be used to dye which can be in the noble white.
Coffered ceiling, though there was a long time, but begins to gain popularity in the interior design is only now
Beautiful combination coffered ceilings and magnificent chandeliers
Self-assembly of coffered ceilings
Coffered ceiling is better to install in rooms with high ceilings
Caissons - very diverse in its performance ceiling elements manufacture. They are equally nice fit in Vacation home, and in apartment, where it allows the height of the ceilings. The basic rule of production - is properly selected material and shape that best fits nicely into the interior.
In case you do not want to employ professional builders will be able to make their own ceiling. To do this, you need to prepare thoroughly and follow the basic rules and available for general use instructions. And no harm will consult a specialist who can tell what is required for your room.
White beams on the background of pastel blue colors look very nice
Comfortable living in a modern style
Coffered ceiling of wood with your hands contains several manufacturing stages: preparation, choice of materials, manufacturing of frame and proper installation of the finished boards.
The stages of the preparatory work
The interior of a large room coffered ceiling can be made of the same color as the basic furniture
Firstly, it is necessary to evaluate the space where you plan to install ceiling of caissons. Do not forget that low ceiling, this design is not always appropriate. Minimum height should ideally be at least 2.5 meters. In designing the need to adhere to this rule: the more and more room, the greater the number of beams can be used in the design. Universal and standard strips of 12-15 cm are used for optimum performance.
In a room with relatively low ceilings place the girders It stands in the doorway of the window or door, pushing and expanding the space. It is not necessary to plan a coffered ceiling in the room where the furniture and wall color is dark, because they will only burden the interior.
Often coffered ceiling is a symbiosis of the supporting structure with a unique decor
coffered ceiling design must be in harmony with the overall interior
Chic coffered ceiling made of wood will be the main decoration of the interior of the room
Secondly, there are a few secrets in choosing colors. For example, if you choose white color and shift downward flow can be achieved by chance the effect of "falling ceiling", so you need to be careful in the selection of colors and shades. If you want to create in the comfort room, the choice is to stop warm brown shades, and wallpaper suit with delicate ornament. In the center of the ceiling can safely make an accent color, application, or the original choice of shapes.
Building materials required for operation
The game of contrasts in the cabinet design
After you select the colors and shapes you need to determine the overall composition and to draw detailed sketch, which must include all the calculations take into account the height from floor to ceiling, because it should get the most beautiful and harmonious. To correctly calculate the right amount of materials, the sketch should be as accurate as possible.
Before starting work, you must make a detailed sketch of the future coffered ceiling
Buying materials carry a drawing. For universal option is best suited bright wallpaper with a picture or without, that will be glued at the base of the ceiling. The easier it is to be the wallpaper, the more interesting it will look like a tree on their background.
Decorative beams made of polyurethane for the coffered ceiling
Next, pay attention to the selection of billets, of which the whole structure will be created. The simplest option to work with their own hands is to buy ready-made individual modules, which serve as caissons with you directly on the ceiling. Step caissons themselves varies from 80-100 cm, bearing in mind that the height of your ceiling standard.
Dark beams on a light background will add expressive interior
A small but very cozy living room in a nautical theme
Coffered ceiling of wood with carved elements looks delicious
When it comes to large rooms, then the best solution is to purchase pine or any other light wood. Of course, can be used and treatment with natural veneer of beech and spruce, oak, then purchase additional appeal and style. Except wallpaper and wood, also suitable adhesive paint nails.
Creating a framework for the construction of
Installation of coffered ceiling can be made with your own hands
For maximum strength and reliability in the mounting surface of the material primed with rapid soaking and drying must be applied to two layer. Then glued wallpaper: It is easier to do together for maximum smooth tension.
Priming the surface for wallpapering
Next, on the wallpaper, which need to dry, you should apply the label: on them will be ready to be applied to structures made of wood. It is better to start with the center of the central beam. The main part of the whole structure - a support beam, which has a complex structure of the box. It is attached to the ceiling in the required manner, thereby leaving the desired pattern. Having defined the place of installation of the main part, you need to start creating a box timber. For this purpose, the bar is cut along the length of the bar, where the side boards carefully stuffed small equidistant.
Installation of the central beam
Next assembled frame is attached with nails on the ceiling, strictly following prepared layouts. Further measured is cut and strip covering the side structure. After graduating from the work of the frame, close the bottom of the board as much as possible close. The main thing to strictly follow the instructions and the intended drawing, as well as select high-quality materials.
The next step will be the creation of box beams and placing them to the established central structure in parallel, following the sketch. After fixing all the longitudinal members have to move on to the installation of transverse structures. Apply all should be strictly on labels, paying special attention to the corners, because it creates the ultimate accuracy of a beautiful result.
Installation box beams
For the treatment of narrow slits apply maximum thin slats, which not only help seal the gap, but also to give the construction additional volume. Ceiling mounted can be completely paint the same color or try a composition of several colors, creating a contrast and the amount of the total ceiling construction.
Coffered wooden ceiling: mount the finished boards
Coffered ceiling with lighting looks very original
In the case, when you start working with ready-made plates, so your designs get the most smooth, the first structure is mounted in the center, from which you will be easier to push off and observe the pattern. Stick them securely and easily using a mounting adhesive. You need to work quickly and accurately, without dirtying the wallpaper and wooden wall.
The structure of the coffered ceiling of wood
Plates can be attached to each other using the clamps, and connections - special false spikes. Some plug-in spikes may not be enough. The composition looked the most beautiful and complete, it is necessary to use a decorative rail that can be inserted in the gap caused during installation.
Dining room combined with living room with coffered ceiling plasterboard
The living room in shades of gray in Art Deco
The thickness of the strips should be such that they were able to close all the shortcomings and possible padding. This will help Ceiling to make an appearance as much as possible complete, allowing you to gain the necessary atmosphere. If you want to supplement the composition of plaster elements, it is best to attach them by using screws, but for cardboard elements suitable construction adhesive.