English colonial style
Colonial style in the interior has reached our days of medieval England. His emergence direction obliged European colonies, which were distributed throughout the continent. Coming to a new land imperialists brought their customs, culture, language and Houseware. Rich colonists did not intend to live in squalid huts. they built for their homes comfortable home, who settled in to your liking. So there was a colonial style in the interior, which has several branches:
- Colonial style in the interior of the living room
- Spanish and Indian Colonial style in the interior of the kitchen
- Colonial style in the interior of a bedroom
- A few tips for the interior decoration of the colonial
Indian Colonial style in the interior
Spanish colonial style
Exotics in the interior: colonial style
Colonial style in the interior of the living room
Despite the fact that the colonialists tried to arrange their houses in accordance with European standards and traditions, very soon in their homes began to appear exotic elements typical for the area. As a result of this confusion, a new design direction.
Since then, went a very long time, I have another one style, but each of them was unique and charming. However, according to experts, the colonial area is considered to be the most original and distinctive.
Colonial style modern interior - a successful combination of European and practicality oriental flavor. This direction is able to put a number of things that in theory may not link. Nevertheless, the result is striking, even those people who can not be surprised exotic and luxury.
European style combined with a touch of the exotic - plants, vases, cells
Designers believe that living room - this is the place in which the colonial style fits perfectly. Quiet, but confident tones to a confidential dialogue, show the homeowner preferences.
but apart natural colors welcome and an exotic palette, for example, designs that mimic the skin:
Chair with plating "zebra" in the colonial interior
This coloring is acceptable in the decoration and textiles room. Direction requires the presence of natural materials, so there are relevant articles:
- Asian walnut.
Natural materials in the interior Colonial
Carpets - a mandatory attribute of this stylistic direction. They can be either on the walls or on the floor. Interior design in colonial style has no limits, so living room decor They use the most unusual items. Usually, it:
- masks and sculptures of eastern deities;
- baskets, in the technique of weaving;
- lighting with textile shades;
- exotic animal figurines;
- bronze candlesticks and vases;
- velvet curtains, embroidered with gold.
Council: Colonial style in the interior is complete without the exotic plants. As the decorations are the ferns, miniature palm trees, tropical flowers.
Exotic plants - an indispensable attribute of colonial style
Spanish and Indian Colonial style in the interior of the kitchen
Spaniards love to play, it can be seen in interior of the kitchen. For wall design and the ceilings of the Spanish colonial cuisine using neutral shades. AT Furniture facades dominate dark colors. As dark make doors and window frames.
What other features are inherent in the Spanish colonial direction?
- Windows from floor to ceiling.
- Wicker, carved and Forged decorative elements.
Spanish colonial style: beams, arches, wrought iron elements
Typically used for walls textured plasters, a apron shallow zone decorate tiles or "under a rock." Flooring made of wood. It, like the furniture, should be dark.
Design kitchen units direct or in the form of an island. The shape of the table and chairs are also simple. The presence in the kitchen upholstered furniture require cushions in different sizes with ethnic ornaments. Windows modern kitchen is decorated in colonial style roll straw textile curtains or curtains.
Indian colonial interior can be identified by:
- high ceilings;
- warm color palette;
- large size doors and windows;
- huge number accessories, made manually from natural materials;
- abundance of motley, colorful textiles.
High ceilings, arches, colorful elements in Indian colonial style
The walls are bright Indian cuisine: yellow, lightbrown, beige, sand, lightgreen. Ceiling - white with increasingly massive dark-colored beams. A distinctive feature of this kitchen is a short, coffee table and attached thereto chairs made of solid wood.
Other evidence of the Indian colonial style:
- dining table marble or glass top;
- wooden carved lockers and cabinets;
- Low bright sofa with upholstery and numerous bright pillows;
- folding painted screens relevant to Kitchen combined with living room.
Council: lighting dining area recommended lamps, in the technique of artistic forging. Working area equipped with built-in lighting, which is installed under the upper modules.
Yellow colonial-style kitchen with carved elements and bright carpet
Colonial style in the interior of a bedroom
The ceilings in the bedroom, decorated in colonial style, usually whitewashed or lined with wooden paneling. Wood finishing or white paint color stain is treated, which is advantageously emphasizes the texture of the material.
Another option finishing the ceiling - hanging design, is gaining popularity. For suspension or tension systems used ceiling drywall and PVC sheet. But colonial style does not tolerate complex conglomerations, so ceilings in a bedroom should be available as single.
Wood-beamed ceilings, large windows, carpet with oriental elements in the interior of a bedroom
If the inhabitants of the room to sleep planning to install over a wide bed canopy, which is typical of the colonial interior, you need to consider this point-to-ceiling installation. There will thus be prevented unpleasant "surprises" when the canopy of the upper part touches the ceiling and lift it.
The floor in the bedroom, as well as in other rooms should be made of wood. Such coverage is not only a warm and environmentally friendly, but also easy to process. This may be a parquet or block parquet, although all laminates used more frequently in recent years. If you want fast styling and less expensive material can be used linoleum flooring imitation.
Ceramic tile Colonial interior is rarely used, due to the coldness of the material. It is used only in the bedrooms with built-in underfloor heating.
Council: acquiring a bedroom carpet, the owner receives two advantages: a warm floor and the colonial style, for which the carpets are typical elements.
Carpets on the wall and the floor - a sign of colonial style
Decor and furniture for the interior are selected in accordance with a branch direction. English Colonial style in the interior requires the presence of a massive furniture, with or without their carved decorations. Trim upholstery should be leather or other natural and expensive materials. The presence of heavy wrought iron chandelier necessary, especially in the living room. Elements of artistic forging must be viewed in other interior items:
- fireplace and its accessories;
- door handles;
- decorative bars on the windows;
Here, it should indicate the wealth and stability.
Fireplaces in the colonial interior
American colonial style is much more modest previous. While in the US, too, the direction of furniture and massive wooden, it is much easier English and does not cause such a delight, however, like the rest of decoration. The room walls in the American colonial style decorated photos, maps and art images. As the scenery you can see the globe, telescope, and the ship's helm.
Retrofotografii on the walls - one of the hallmarks of American colonial style
Safari - is another offshoot of colonial style, which in no way resembles the first two. Signs of European culture it barely discern, but African ethnic motifs can be seen everywhere. This concerns both the furniture and colors of fabrics and walls. Instead of wood you can see bamboo, and woven carpets pushed natural animal hides.
Curtains transparent and airy. Since we are talking about the African motifs, there are appropriate black, white and reds. Contrast geometry on the curtains and bedspreads conjures up thoughts of hunting an elephant or a tiger.
Council: that the image of the colonial interior has been completed, the maximum room to fill with exotic plants. Brute force will not be, the more foliage and palm trees - so believable and natural.
Palm trees add a touch of "freshness" colonial style
Colonial style in the interior: a few tips on registration
- Modern building market is replete with bright finishing materials. How beautiful they were, their use for the creation of a colonial interior is unacceptable. Where appropriate neutral and bright palette.
- Since the colonizers often had to move from one place to another, their furniture was multifunctional and most convenient. Creating a similar interior, available for purchase folding tables and chairs, made of wood. If you need to folding furniture it is not recommended to use a table with crossed legs, surround a spacious closet, a huge vintage chest.
Decoration colonial style may be a trunk
- Since colonial style filled with exotic elements in the interior would be appropriate wicker chairs, a coffee table and chairs. Material for furniture can serve as bamboo, rattan and wood dark varieties.
- recommended use eclectic decor, because this style combines the seemingly incongruous. The most unusual and unique bling envy visitors put in a visible place. The only condition - they must have an historical or material value. Similar products for just pennies, you can purchase on the "flea markets". Often, sellers do not know the true value of one or another gizmos.
Antiques is always appropriate in the interior Colonial style - tapestries, vases, dishes always appropriate
- For window decorations are actively used bamboo blinds and blinds, which are no way inferior to its racy "ancestors."
- If the owners of the house are not against domestic fowl, a cell with a large parrot will make a colonial interior is more plausible.
Hallway apartments in colonial style decorated with colorful tapestries with Firebird
Not bad, if the animal subjects will be viewed in furniture finishing. For example, a table with legs that mimic the lion's paws, is an ideal fit in the colonial situation. Even the outline of the sofa can look like a huge animal, snoozing on vacation.
Such furniture is quite difficult to find for sale, but any artisan gladly manufacture to order a massive wardrobe, which seemed to hold in their paws huge gorilla in evening dress. Such elements are necessarily present in the rooms of the colonizers of the past epoch. Most likely, such products is a clear reminder of foreigners, they are not very excited in the new lands.
Animal themes in colonial style: skins, elephant statue
Despite the fact that the colonial situation the home is considered evidence of luxury and wealth, its main purpose is still practical. The colorful style stand side by side simplicity, ultra-modern and exotic. In other words, the colonial area in the interior - it's an art, capable of the most bizarre things to turn into scenery objects.
The singularity of the environment does not interfere with the comfort and comfort of the residents. There is guaranteed a good rest and creative spirit, which is very necessary, and developing talented individuals.