The excellent combination of terracotta accessories and black ceiling in the interior of the bathroom
Selection for the cornice corner bath It is complicated by the specifics of the sanitary unit. Corner it is convenient, is not it possible to use all the useful space bathroom that large size is different. In order to be able to protect furniture and walls from the spray, we need blind, and it, in turn, need to hang on cornice.
- Design features
- Options rod shape
- Features of the cornice of choice for corner baths
- Tools for installation of the cornice
- installation sequence
Oval cornice for curtains bathroom interior Scandinavian style
The spacious bathroom in modern style
Corner cornices in the design of boho style
The interior of a small bathroom forms wall finishes, ceiling, floor, and, oddly enough, the curtain that separates the place for taking a bath / shower on the common space. She height of 2 meters or more, and its width depends on the slowness cornice. The choice depends on the last arrangement bath or shower. Its importance can not be overstated, since it holds on myself curtains that:
- It helps to divide the space into zones in the bathroom.
Bright yellow accents add contrast to your home decor
- Spray does not fly around the room, which is especially important if the bathroom is not tiled completely. The same protective function is if the drops fall on the floor, there is a possibility of injury when slipping.
- With the curtains can create a comfortable space for a bath and shower, even to a certain extent it can retire.
- Blind able to transform the interior.
Corner cornice for curtains in the interior of a black and white bathroom
Corner shower tray with a concrete country-style
Cornice plays a key role in the comfort and safety of bathing and showering.
Dual chrome cornice for curtains in the bathroom
Cornice corner for curtains in the bathroom can be made of different materials for different price. From the choice of one or another depends on the longevity of use and convenience. Today you can buy products from:
- Plastic. Such models are light, opening / closing blinds do not emit noise. But in this and all the benefits. Indeed, over time, the once bright color fades, cornice begins to sag. These often crack and break. Manufacturers are working to improve the quality of these budget eaves, they are increasingly produced from polymeric metallomass. They are durable and stronger.
Plastic ledge IKEA
Plastic cornice with imitation wood
Cornices made of plastic are easy to assembly and installation
- Metal ledges. They can be aluminum or stainless steel. The first resistant to temperature changes, which are often observed in bathroom. Corrosion should not strike. But due to its lightness they do not possess the necessary strength, which leads to sagging. Pressure occurs when wet curtain. The price of aluminum is higher than plastic. Another drawback can be called a dull hue, which is not always successful, you can enter into the interior. Stainless steel curtain rod will last the longest. Color spectrum - metal and gray shades. From this metal, you can create any shape of the bar. The lack of noise when opening and closing the shutter.
Cornice Bathroom Aufollien of duralumin
Oval cornice with elegant curtains will be a wonderful element of your bathroom decor
Eaves with chrome finish looks very stylish
- Combined. Are today one of the most popular in support of the many photos in catalogs, because combine the advantages of plastic and metal cornices - they are durable and long-lasting, but not the "noise."
Strength and durability - the main advantages of the combined cornices
Cornice corner for the bathroom can be of different shapes, the choice depends on the specific location of the bath or shower.
Interesting bathroom in loft
This is suitable for the bathroom with a shower or a corner bathtub or shower. They are made of steel of various types, including chrome and alloy. Externally cornice - a hollow tube, which has different versions bend. Attach a curtain rod can be wall or ceiling-wall. The advantage of this type of cornice is a variety of forms of execution. Cornice can be P or L-shaped, arcuate, oval, circular.
L-shaped curtain rod for the shower
Cornice for curtains oval in the interior of a bathroom modern style
The asymmetrical (non-standard)
It is used in cases where criminal bath or shower are non-standard, intricate form.
Tip! acrylic Bathrooms often have atypical forms, and it is necessary to select for such a special form of cornice.
Asymmetric ledges are most often used for acrylic bathtubs
Moldings manufactured non-standard forms only made of plastic and metal alloys, as they lend themselves well to the formation. Change shape such cornice may for the presence of couplings that will modify the vector in the desired direction. Individual parts of the cornice of this type can be mounted at different angles of inclination. Is attached only to the wall.
Flexible eaves allow to fit it into any design
This type of shutter used for cornice in baths of irregular shape and angular. It is made of profiled aluminum tube, which can bend into any shape easily. Attach it can be and to the ceiling and the wall. The advantages of such eaves:
- flexibility and rigidity at the same time. May bend in any direction;
- installation is easy to implement;
design small bathroom in traditional style
Mosaic decoration small bathroom Nouveau room
- We do not need special tools for shaping;
- It has excellent views in any interior.
Options rod shape
Cozy bathroom in bright colors
For corner bath is best proven: T-, U-shaped and oval cornices.
L-shaped is made of a hollow metal tube, which is bent in the shape of the letter H. In some cases need more fixing this corner of the system to the ceiling in places fold. Such moldings are used to space limitations bathroom standard form. Such rods vary in size of the pipe itself, the wall thickness, configuration. Dimensions tailored to the burden on them in order to avoid sagging and deformation. The package of this kind of curtain rods come standard fasteners and decorative items.
Gilded corner bar looks very impressive
Eclectic style in the interior of the bathroom
U-shaped. This design is intended for installation in a square bath, mounted to one side of the room. Sold as a finished product, but often require custom-made, due to the specifics of the installation.
Important! This volume cornice in some cases need to additionally secure using ceiling mounts. If the light curtain and the metal durable fixation to the ceiling bathroom you can not use.
Shower in loft style with a U-shaped ceiling cornice
Radius is an elegant design oval or round shape. It can close the round asymmetric bath or shower. It has an elegant and refined look, and that is what it most often chosen. arc system, is made of steel. Mounted at two points in place of the compound of the arc, further secured to the ceiling.
Chrome shower with built cornices
Original shower curtain of plastic plates
Features of the cornice of choice for corner baths
Cornice Vanny corner last a long time, if there is high-quality and properly chosen, do not make the wrong choice can help tips:
- A key component - the quality of the metal. If the ledge is made of metal, at the bend should not be folds. If they are. Even small, it means that the cornice is made of low-grade metal, and thus will not serve long. In addition, this is dangerous to hang in the bathroom, because it can fall at any moment.
Corner profile ledge in the interior of the bathroom Scandinavian style
- Non-metallic corner cornice or a thin-walled metal it is necessary to additionally attach to the ceiling, so it does not sag.
To walled ledge does not sag, it must be further secured to the ceiling
- Reliable cornice - is well-secured. In this case, the best fasteners are screws.
- Ceiling fixation affects the length of the shutter, it is "low" above.
- It is important to bear in mind that the blind need to constantly move. The clank of metal rings on the same ledge will be annoying, although this decision looks appealing. The optimal solution would be durable aluminum rings or hooks, soft plastic coating.
- the choice of curtains It should also be given special attention. Thus, polypropylene cheap and easy, does not sag no eaves with them, but they are short-lived - quickly torn and loose look. Fabric - strong, bright and durable. The negative factor is the complexity of cleaning and care.
Interesting curtain with pockets for bath accessories
Bright fabric shower curtain on the ledge round
Shower curtains and windows are made of the same material, can help make the interior more solid
- If there is any need to order custom-made cornice, measuring is better to entrust the professionals, they will take into account all the features of the design.
Tools for installation of the cornice
Mounting rails for the bathroom can be made with your own hands
Cornice in the corner bath is different installation. We need a set of tools, such as:
- knife to unpack the eaves;
- percussion drill or a hammer. It depends on quality of the type of wall material to which you want to mount the cornice;
- diamond drill, if the wall is covered with tiles;
- plumb or level, with their help will be marking fasteners;
- Phillips screwdriver bit or a corresponding drill for.
A cast iron bath with an oval cornice on the background of the brickwork
Cornice for a corner bath: installation sequence
Determination of the mounting location. Cornice should be attached to the wall and mark the spot abutting pipes to the wall. And this must be done not at the top, where it will be installed, and at the bottom, where stands a bathroom / shower. So can avoid improper placement of the cornice with respect to the bathroom.
Mark the space for mounting the eaves (points T1 and T2)
Note! Metal tends to bounce. It is better to carry out installation tautly. For this to compress the pipe ends and in a position to replace location.
Marked points need to "lift" to the height of 1.6-1.8 meters. This will help building level or plumb. The height depends on the length of the curtain and should be 20 cm less than the curtain. It is necessary for her to sign up for the bumpers and, therefore, eliminates the ingress of splashing on the floor.
Shower room with corner cornice style modernism
Take the mounting bracket and attach to the marks. Location it should be such as to mark a point located on the center of the pipe. So you need to do to both ends of the pipe. Make a mark at the attachment points.
Marking drilling locations
Important! The bracket must be placed so that the screw that secures the clamp will be located on top. So they will not be visible, and the cornice will be exactly horizontal at an angle.
Step 3 №
After marking, you can start drilling holes
Drill a hole at the marked points. Their depth of 4.5-5 cm. They insert plastic dowels so that they come to the surface by 0.5 mm. In the bracket, unscrew the clamping screws, attach them to the wall and tighten the dowels.
Step 4 №
The ledge wear silicone pads and decorative inserts. Insert cornice in mount and tighten. Caps with inserts to hold on to the wall, so they closed the fasteners.
Mounting bracket to the wall
installation of eaves
Important! Before installing the eaves do not forget to put a ring on it, if they are not separable.
In some models, the cornice is simply inserted into the bracket slots
In some cases, you need additional fastening to the ceiling, namely:
- corner elements on bends eaves;
- If the bar has a great slowness;
- if the shape of the cornice custom - more than 2 bends.
Cornice for curtains in the bathroom not only protects the room from the spray, but also decorates the interior
Fixing is carried out to the ceiling by means of rods or extensions (metal cord). For this marking is carried out by ceiling - it is applied to the ledge at the fold made a mark. They similar to the main pipe attached rod, with decorative plates, one end is inserted into the clamping mechanism, the other in cornice (For this purpose it must have an opening).
If additional fastening bar there, you can find a way and with such a situation. The fastener can be used as a cable, onto which through a pipe and to fix the ceiling by using a hook-dowels. Cable is necessary to fix a metal crimping.
To assist in the installation of the video: