One of the walls in the hall light is finished decorative stone
trim hall decorative stone - a good example of how to enable high-quality, but it is not very expensive materials you can get as a result of a stylish interior, while looking presentable and expensive. This is one of the most ancient of finishing materials, mastered by mankind, and modern decorative stone in the entrance hall is associated with reliability, security and tranquility. He is a massive and noble, his color shades and the relief of the interior adds luxury and respectability. At the same time, despite its certain natural coldness and heaviness, it is able to create an atmosphere of a special, secure comfort.
- Decorative stone in the entrance hall: take into account the particular
- We select the material for finishing
- Laying decorative stone
The inset on the wall of decorative stone in the hallway
Imitation of ancient masonry and fresh white
Floor tiles "black slate" with metal decor. This is suitable for the bathroom and the hallway
Helpful! Decorative stone in the interior - the positive side, what to look for, interior styles
Stage of the imitation rock layers
Decorative stone in interior hallway: Take into account the particular
Decorating the walls hallway with decorative stone - a delicate process. It is not necessary to dress the walls completely in stone - a massive stone walls will transform a small hallway in stone bag or prison. It is much more logical to use the stone for cladding fragmented, which will help to emphasize:
- Window or door openings (of any shape - rectangular or arched)
- Viewed angles - one or more
- place around the part decoration or object furniture (around lamp, mirror, pictures or cabinet)
- depression or niche
- Lots of Baseboard and other "contact zone" - a place where the highest probability of contact with the wall of shoes or toilet articles (place for shoes, rack, hanger, a shelf for bags).
The primitive type of stone and minimally treated wood
Hallway in a gray-brown color with a wall, decorated with a decorative stone
Illuminated slab of natural onyx. Decorative molding Onyx is better to buy in smaller plates
The stone floor in the entrance hall of Mediterranean looks always interesting and fresh
Another win-win option for a small hallway - partly with stone walls. Since the artificial stone is combined with almost any material - wallpaper, plaster, ceramic tiles, wood, glass, plaster moldings, bamboo, it provides ample opportunities for combination with different finishes. He will be an excellent backdrop for the natural green plants, it blends well with metal products.
Tip! To texture stone opened and "played" it is necessary to send him the light, and the game penumbra add fabulousness and mystique.
Upper warm color temperature, the light to "wild" stone and slate rusty selected for flooring
confining hallway decorative stone, It can be solved directly opposite problem, for example, fans of the retro style of the stone will "add" temporary premises, it artificially aged. But fans Art Nouveau Stone adds to the interior of the rigor and sophistication. Excellent fit in the interior of the stone in the Italian style, and is suitable for minimalism or Provence style.
Stylish hallway with walls tiled in stone and illuminated from below
A narrow hallway standard apartment with light brick walls and spectacular overhead lighting
We select the material for finishing
As a finishing material, decorative stone permanently retain its relevance, because it is a reliable and beautiful. Despite its artificial origin, it has a lot of advantages over the natural (natural) stone:
- it is lighter than natural stone, which means - it will be easier to fix on a steep wall. If necessary, it is easier to dismantle or replace
- decorative stones more resistant to temperature changes, as opposed to natural, from this they do not have a crack
Of natural stone has the advantages of decorative slate. It is also used as a roofing material
- it is resistant to UV radiation, retains its color unchanged under direct sun rays
- variability - decorative stone is produced of different shapes, textures and colors. With a wide range, and strict (standardized) size simply put, it is well suited for the lining of the nonlinear surface
- easy to clean - this is a very important factor for the hall, which has the greatest contact with the external environment and is considered the most "dirty" in the room apartment
When selecting the stone it is important to determine the structure and the surface color.
Imitation of old brickwork and exposed beams
Tip! Stone bright colors help to visually expand a little hallway.
It reduces complex planned Mediterranean hall of a private house
One wall of the ornamental stone is most noticeable decoration hallway
At the same time, proceeding from the front of the design, decorative stone is divided into:
- Sawing - stylized part sawn lumps has clear geometric and unsanded front edge portion of its texture resembling sandstone or limestone
- crushed - imitation of the raw, "knocked" breeds: marble, limestone, granite, quartz
- Crushed - analogue decorative pebbles or boulders
- brick - various options for repeating brickwork
- finishing tile almost completely replicates the natural polished material - granite or marble
- mosaic decor
- fancy stone - a composite, complex in texture and colors of the stones really do not exist
Brown brick wall in the hallway beautifully combined with glass and white basic color of the interior. These kinds of imitation masonry some manufacturers call "loft", immediately pointing to the recommended scope of their application in the design of
Tip! It is not necessary within a hallway to get involved in various "rocks" of stones. Stone - it's almost like fur, no more than two types can be combined in a single product, and then - very carefully. Do you want some variety - using a single material, but different (family and well blended) colors.
The mosaic column - so the decor is often chosen by consulting the designer, and rarely miscalculates
The white walls, which imitates scuffs and whitewashed, adds zest to a modern interior hallway small city apartment
Laying decorative stone
For laying decorative stone suitable clean, smooth, hard and durable surface, with which the remains of plaster should be removed, or any other coating having a poor performance adhesion (adhesion).
Tip! To test the adhesion of the wall it is necessary to sprinkle water. The places where water is not absorbed and the wall surface formed droplet will require further processing, e.g., sandblasting.
Inserts on the walls of rough raw stone ( "crushed") and solid look unusual
Any contamination (dust, oil stains, petroleum residues, grease, flaking plaster) weaken the adhesion and must be removed. Just removed the remains of concrete, mortar or cement slurry.
Small stone inlay for accent walls - the first, which falls view at the entrance to the house
Before starting work to assess the strength of adhesion with stone walls, a few days with a solution, it is desirable to lay a few touchstones, and then - carefully dismantle them.
Tile almost completely replicates the visual characteristics of the present travertine
Tip! Before you start, print a few packs of decorative stone and place it on a flat surface. Stones of different parties may be slightly different, not only in the shade, but even in size, texture and thickness. Pre-layout will optimally choose the stones together and imagine how it will look on the wall masonry.
If on the rear side of stone left laitance (glossy or foam layer having a thickness of 0.5 mm), it is required to remove the metal hard brush. Before you start laying the back of the stone and the surface on which it is laid, it is necessary to moisten and wait 2-3 minutes - should absorb moisture well. If the surface is strongly absorbs moisture (e.g., gypsum plasterboard), Then it should be pre-primed.
Exposed beams, very practical tile "slate" large and pebbles as a decoration
To give a natural masonry, create an image of a reliable and solid construction, use corner pieces. In addition, they greatly simplify the installation process. If you purchased rustovoy stone or angular elements, the installation starts with them. They are placed, alternating between long and short sides.
Depending on the type of stone, masonry or start from the bottom or from the top edge. Stones which are stacked without jointing seam begin to be laid at the lower edge, with jointing - from the top.