Studio apartment with an air baffle for the kitchen area
Design kitchen-dining-living room as a joint space requires the owners of the apartment or house is hardly the maximum resources and patience. Nevertheless, the combination into a single unit living room, food and dining today - one of the most popular designs for modern comfort at home. First of all, at the expense of the owners small apartments Soviet planning, as well as owners Apartments open-plan small square in the new buildings. This approach makes it possible to get rid of the small cramped rooms (kitchen and adjoining room with her, plus, depending on the layout and corridor design), Combining them into a functional space. In this case, under the kitchen is still given to a relatively small area, and the remaining space becomes dining area/ Living area.
- Combining the kitchen-dining-living room: Pros and Cons
- Choosing a layout for the kitchen
- Design kitchen-dining-living area: Zoning space
This spacious room can be equipped with a kitchen, dining room and living room practically no zoning
A small division kitchen-dining room with a living room wall decoration using wood
The combination living room with kitchen and dining area
Modern studio apartment, residential conditionally divided into segments and utilitarian
To each square centimeter, obtained by combining the kitchen /dining room/ Living room is used efficiently and correctly, before starting work should be carefully considered kitchen interier. Furthermore, such work necessarily require coordination with the corresponding services, because re-planning related to the total (sometimes - partial) demolition walls. Note that in this case the kitchen (as a working zone) actually will remain in place, since its occupancy is attracted to utilities (water, gas), which transfer the financial and practical terms completely justified.
Zoning in the room is even possible without the use of walls and doors
Combining the kitchen-dining-living room: Pros and Cons
Re-planning - a very serious and costly in both financial and temporal aspect step, so you should pre-determine the pros and cons.
Interior studio apartments in minimalistic style
The advantages of such an approach should include:
- getting a lot of space, which opens up great possibilities for the realization of various design approaches, solutions and ideas that are impossible to implement in small spaces;
The location of the most essential areas of the home in a spacious room
- improvement illumination - a single area receives, usually two window, which will now be more effectively perform their functions;
- housewife, busy chores in the kitchen, now is not being cut off from family, closed at 5 sq.m. While she cooks or cleans up after her, she is free to communicate with other family members or guests, a man in the kitchen is still in the "thick of things";
Separate sitting area of decorative kitchen wall of glass
- This solution is particularly justified for families with young children, because my mother, cook, continues to monitor the child. In this case, the room size allows your child to be in a safe area, away from the boiling pots, gas, sharp knives and other "kitchen" dangers
Wood trim in the regeneration of a living room, kitchen and dining room
- It is now much easier to organize a dinner or a party collective. On the one hand, where there is seating for guests, on the other - do not have to constantly maneuver around the apartment, handing / taking away food or beverages;
- family gets the opportunity to have lunch and dinner for a full normal dining table, and not huddle in the kitchen;
Accent red light in a studio apartment
In addition, a single kitchen-living room It makes it possible to save on a few household appliances - TV with a large screen placed in the living room, it removes the need to purchase additional small "Kitchen" TV.
If we talk about the shortcomings:
- the smell of food - even if you set a very powerful hood, some very strong and specific odors can still spread around the room;
- extraneous sounds - dishwasher, grinder or microwave. and fridge, You may have to be replaced by a more silent;
- increased requirements for cleanliness - if a few dirty dishes, "hide" in the kitchen, are almost invisible, for example, until the morning, then in the combined kitchen-dining-living room it does not work. In addition, most will have to carry out general cleaning - the dirt and debris from the work area has a nasty tendency to spread throughout the space;
Before you begin reconstruction and fusion of different zones, you must decide whether you want to, that would be all the rooms seamlessly flow into each other or not
Choosing a layout for the kitchen
Naturally, the plan choices are directly dependent on the area, which is obtained by combining the premises:
- to spacious larger rooms can come over the island (as an option - peninsular) or plan kitchen kitchen-studio. It can include furniture, which set the letter P or the corner kitchen set;
- for studio apartments best would be L-shaped layout. If desired, it can be supplemented with a functional and bright bar.
Contrast the white bar in the bright kitchen
The resulting work triangle is the most ergonomic: the fact that the smaller places will be allocated directly below the kitchen, the more free space will get home. To this end, in the kitchen you can set single-row furniture - build in a line all you need - technique, wash, cabinets for the products and crockery, a cutting surface, etc. Due to the compact and rational transforming kitchen furniture will allocate a maximum of space for the zone, and living room design.
The compact design of the kitchen-dining-living room in a small space
Tip! To preserve the unity of space, the furniture should be selected in the same style.
The harmonious combination of finishing materials and furniture
Design kitchen-dining-living area: Zoning space
Helpful! Suspended ceiling in the kitchen - 39 photos, benefits, choice of nuances, a variety of styles.
Speaking of pooling the kitchen and living room, do not imply complete vzaimorastvorenie - retaining its functional purpose, they just complement each other. In fact, combining the space physically, we have to solve the problem zoning, those. visual separation. For this fit several methods:
- bar - its role is to act as a new built false wall and the remaining part of the wall that divided the room before;
- split-level floor . - kitchen (directly working area) may be slightly lifted by building a kind of podium height of 5-15 cm This podium can perform not only the function of zoning, but also help to hide the communication (pipes, electrical wiring);
Dedicated kitchen area, located on the podium
- Combined floor - if perfect for the kitchen tile, then the living area - laminate, carpeting or parquet. Thus the use of different floor coverings will allow to distinguish between the kitchen area, living room and dining room;
- Island - as the bar is set on the border between the living room and kitchen;
- dining table - can be installed between the kitchen and living room. As an extra delimiter may act ceiling lamps, hanging low over him. This will help to visually divide the space and make it in order;
A large dining table is located between the kitchen and living room
- the rest of the wall - the wall separating the kitchen from the living room, completely demolished, and the result is just a big opening with the remains of the wall;
- lungs septa - they are only partially enclose the kitchen from the living room. They can be portable, folding or sliding;
Guest couch as a subject of zoning
- using lighting - for each area (kitchen, dining room, living room) use different approaches to creating lighting. For example, in the kitchen it can be ceiling lamps, and in the living room - a combination of spotlights and chandeliers;
- Colour - it can be used to identify the boundaries between different functional areas. For example, the kitchen more suitable calm, neutral colors, but for the living room and the dining room is better to use more bright and vivid colors.
Stylish two-level apartment - studio, in which wooden elements successfully supplemented with industrial decor and furniture in retro style
Tip! It is necessary to consider the place where privacy can be, for example, to work, especially when working office, as such, no. For these purposes it is possible to allocate a small partition, for example, between the cabinet or refrigerator. And as desktop You can use a wide windowsill.
Using carpet as separation zones in the room
Interesting design interpretations of a common space of kitchen-dining-living room, you can look at the video: