Fiber cement slabs on the facade of a residential building
fiber cement fasdnye panels for exterior finish home - panels made of fiber cement, special material whose base consists of a mixture of cement with reinforcing additives artificial fibers (fibers), water and sand in the ratio 80% cement and 20% other components. The presence in the composition of the fibers and a special production technology ensures good properties in operation, aesthetic appearance of the facade and demand for panels on the construction markets.
- A little history
- Fiber cement or plaster
- process of manufacturing
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Price and manufacturers
- Coloring, shape, topography
- editing process
Ultramodern decoration of exterior walls and fiber cement slabs house siding wood
Imitation wood fiber cement
Fiber cement facade imitating the metal profile
Unusual decoration facade of the building a colored fiber cement
- 1 A little history
- 2 Fiber cement or plaster
- 3 process of manufacturing
- 4 Advantages and disadvantages:
- 5 Price and manufacturers
- 6 Coloring, shape, topography
- 7 Fiber cement panels for external finishing the house: the installation process
A little history
Fiber cement for the first time was created by the Austrian Ludwig caron, which by the end of the 19th century was puzzled creation of a fundamentally new building material. The main buildings of the 19th century were made of wood, and many cities became victims of fires, so Ludwig set a goal to find a more durable and less fire hazardous material construction of houses.
Imitation masonry facade finishing in using fiber cement slabs
For the invention of fiber cement from caron it took nearly 7 years, but in the end he gave him a number of additional useful features in addition to resistance to fire. manufacturing cost was low, and fiber cement literally exploded onto the construction markets of Austria at the time, displacing even shingles.
Imitation of different materials in the decoration of the facade of the building, with the help of fiber cement
A little later, a miracle-material learned in Russia and launched the first plant for the production of analog. But after a while Russian scientists have paid attention to the content of asbestos plates, which have a negative impact on health, the release stopped, and work to develop a more secure version fibrotsmentnyh plates. It took a lot of strength and years that initially affected the cost of production, but over time the production has developed, and prices have become massively available again.
Fiber cement siding is wood
Today siding Fiber cement is rich in a variety of textures and colors, and now, if someone wants to buy fiber cement panels exterior home decoration, it does not require great effort and exorbitant costs.
Large fiber cement slabs for facades
Fiber cement or plaster
Plaster bases differ undisputed cheap, but have a number of disadvantages:
- under plaster You need to prepare the walls with special materials;
- inability to repair at low temperatures have been implicated on the basis of water;
- plaster can not apply a thick layer, even when reinforced with mesh to be used, under the influence of natural phenomena and temperature fluctuations it still will crack and delaminate;
- thin layer is not able to provide even the smallest insulation.
Accurate finishing work on external walls via fiber cement slabs
Why are more profitable and safer to use fiber cement siding:
- since the panels are not in direct contact with the wall, they can be attached to any surface, as long as it has sufficient strength;
- fiber cement slabs due to production techniques and special composition characterized by good resistance to oppressive and bending loads, which minimizes the risk of cracking;
- lining It goes much easier than even layer distribution plaster;
- plastering requires special skills, while the installation of fiber cement siding possible and on their own for the first time enough to study in detail the installation of the technology.
Fiber cement siding can be easily set their own hands
process of manufacturing
The first automated production of molded fiber cement façade panels for outdoor decoration of houses It was recorded in Japan, and then it began to be applied in other countries.
Stages of production:
- Preparation. Using water purified cellulose, then it is placed in the sump for temporary storage.
- Solution. It consists of cement, sand, cellulose and synthetic special supplements. First kneaded without addition of water, hydration is only after thorough mixing of the dry components.
The structure of the fiber cement boards
- Molding. The resulting mixture was fed to the machine, where a special shaft generates invoice still soft, nearly liquid surface, and further under very high pressure is formed of a flat view.
- Processing temperature. To give the material a good wear resistance, the panel heat, went to a chemical reaction that will result in calcium silicate. It is responsible for strength and durability.
The combination of types of fiber cement siding on the facade of the house
- The final step. After the heat treatment finished products treated with solutions that will protect them from exposure to water, frost and rust. This is especially important if there are plans to use fiber cement panels for external finishing wooden house. If you need decorative delights, at this stage the product is further lacquered, coated with paint and give the desired appearance, for example, brick or stone imitation.
Fiber cement boards under the brickwork
Advantages and disadvantages:
Fiber cement siding is different advantages and some disadvantages.
- durability - due to the manufacturing process and the application of heat, the service life of up to 20 years;
- good insulation - provides an internal composition, a mixture of cement and cellulose and the fibrous structure;
- anticorrosion property and moisture resistance - these coated panels provide special protective means;
Fiber cement siding for finishing country house looks neat and aesthetically pleasing
- resistance to low temperatures - siding can withstand more than 100 cycles of winter;
- environmentally friendly - the materials are safe for human life;
- weight - the maximum and minimum weight fortress;
Weight of fiber cement slab is 10 - 14 kg per 1 m
- self-cleaning - all the dust and dirt are washed away by rain;
- different variants of appearance - from simple to complex painting finish under a stone;
- color fastness - almost do not burn.
With a smooth surface dust and dirt on the surface do not stay long
Important! One of the most important characteristics of fiber cement panels for exterior finish home - absolute fire safety! Cement is not flammable, which eliminates any melting materials or spontaneous combustion.
Beautiful fiber cement siding on the facade of the noble colors
- inability to install it alone because of the size;
- cost growth in the dyeing or decorative dressing;
- Some designers believe that the appearance of the panels fibrotsemetnyh inferior to other types of exterior decoration of houses, but it's a moot point.
Classical relief fiber cement panels for the facade
Price and manufacturers
Any host could ask the question, what brand to give preference to, and how much it will cost the same fiber cement panels for the exterior finish at home? Price will vary depending on the manufacturer and the availability of additional external decorative treatment - the more complex the more expensive.
Qualitative and moderately expensive decorative material add elegance to your home and novelty
- Japanese fiber cement panels for exterior finish home represented by two «KMEW» large firms and TM «NICHIHA", their products are of higher prices, since these companies are part of the "Panasonic". However, today there are a number of small and little-known Japanese firms, which differ in nearly the same level of quality, but lower prices.
Quality Japanese fiber cement slabs company «KMEW»
- Russian analogues. Leaders recognized "ROSPAN" and the "LTM", but there are many small enterprises, as close as possible to the level of Japanese manufacturers.
Russian manufacturer of fiber cement finishing "ROSPAN" material
- China, Taiwan and Malaysia. They have a number of small firms with low prices. Today it is the cheapest option.
Budget Chinese version of the fiber cement siding, simulating stone
Price per square meter:
In addition to the manufacturer firm and presence / absence of additional decorative elements external processing affects the price of fiber composition, weight (the thicker the panel, the more expensive) and the presence of additional fastening components. For example, a panel brackets are convenient for installation, but also significantly more expensive. On average, the cost per square meter ranges from 350 to 650 p.
Decorative fiber cement panels on the facade of the house
Coloring, shape, topography
The range of fiber cement panels is great - they have all sorts of colors, different in shape and topography, for example, be a smooth or imitate stone, brickwork or liner board.
- Size - each manufacturing company manufactures the template of the individual parameters, they rarely overlap each other.
Decorating the exterior walls fiber cement panels with interesting topography stylish
Tip! Since it may be difficult to purchase more of the panels due to inconsistencies size should carefully calculate the amount of material and immediately order the required number of products with a small margin, taking into account the accidental damage of several plates.
Long narrow panel of fiber cement
- Colors - palette different colors of the rainbow and their mixed shades.
Tip! Choosing a color fiber cement boards should be guided by an existing design and color scheme of the house roof.
Bright exclusive of fiber cement facade slabs of rectangular shape
- Interesting interesting innovation - some panels have a coating on the outer side of the mineral aggregate. Since it is applied to a cold-resistant and moisture resistant substrate such seemingly decorative element, and has additional beneficial properties - increased resistance to mechanical damage and natural disasters.
Facade panel with the coated fiber cement mineral crumbs
Fiber cement panels for external finishing the house: the installation process
There are two options, the first - to carry out the installation on their own, Invite (one to do it physically impossible), or for a modest fee to entrust the job to professionals. The choice depends on the financial capacity and the level of professional knowledge and skills of the hosts.
Installation of fiber cement siding on a wooden frame
- angle grinder;
- Metal scissors;
- saw (diamond);
- a hammer;
Installation diagram fiber cement boards of the facade
- Preparation - Removal of old material.
- Insulation - mineral wool or other material is fixed by means of special fasteners, fungi.
- Framework - setting the level of aluminum or steel profiles / frame to the wall. If you want to make a ventilated facade lined need two crates, one horizontally fastened to the building, it is attached heater, coated with vapor barrier film, and vertically mounted on it a second lath attaching the strut to the horizontal frame.
EXAMPLE plating insulated carcass fiber-cement plates facade
Tip! To calculate the amount of material to help sellers.
Due to the flexible structure of the facade plates can be used for finishing complex architectural structures
- Fastening of panels to frame. The process uses barbed bar for better fit panels and metal screws. Cutting angle grinder is carried out. An important point when fastening the panels - a well-formed external corners. The process involves two options: the first - panels interconnected without undercutting, a second - with sharp ends thereof at an angle of 45 degrees. In both cases the protective paint and sealants, they are usually delivers the same manufacturer that offers the purchase of panels.
- At the end of the cap screws in the process embellish the overall tone of a facing material. On the purchase of paint to match the plates should also take care in advance.
For high-quality fiber cement panel sawing require power tools
Tip! At installation should pay attention to the joints between the insulation fiber-cement plates, experts recommend the use of silicone.
When wet material absorbs about 10% water, however, it has no effect on its strength
Thanks to the strength and ease of simultaneous fiber cement siding is gaining more and more positive feedback. It is easy to partial replacement if needed repairs, the replacement of parts not violated the integrity of the design, and does not require any special care - is cleaned by nature itself.
The main objective of fiber cement panels- protect the building from temperature changes
There are many options for building cladding, but thanks to its unique properties, the ability to iron out any defects in the walls, as well as the management of price and quality, today one of the most popular Panel options in the decoration of houses and other steel buildings is fiber cement panels.