Carpets - an important detail of the interior
Carpets on the floor It has long ceased to be associated with a surface, which has one primary function - make the floor warmer. Today it is a full part of the bizarre variations of the decor and even almost a work of art. It gave way to practicality beauty, as for the heat well developed technology allows install radiators or a warm floor. The abundance of species is so striking look that sometimes we just get lost in stock and did not find an answer to the question of how to choose carpet for the interior. In such cases, to help us come the leading designers and are eager to share recommendations.
Bright carpet with a pattern in classical bedroom
White carpet texture with roses in the interior
Beige carpet in the interior of the living room
- 1 And whether it is necessary at all?
- 2 How to choose the right carpet to the interior
- 3 What size should the carpet
- 4 How to choose a carpet on the floor to the interior
- 5 Form and content
- 6 How to choose the color of the carpet to the interior
- 7 How to choose a carpet for the living room interior
- 8 How to choose a carpet to the interior: a few additional useful points
And whether it is necessary at all?
A few decades ago, was considered an indicator of the status of the carpet, it could afford to buy the unit itself, but because the people saved their last money and buying even a small track. Today, there are other materials - linoleum, laminate and parquet, that the skillful selection of different looks impressive and indisputable advantage - easy to care for! But it is an option for a very zealous people who do not want to spend too much time on cleaning and ponder the question of how to choose carpet for the interior. Photos of rooms are spacious and austere, but emanates either from their comfort? As a rule, no. That is why carpets are immortal, and whatever walked in circles nor capricious fashion, they can change the structure of the material, shape, color, even the appointment, but never go into oblivion.
Multicolored striped rug on the bright kitchen
How to choose the right carpet to the interior
conceived to decorate the house or apartment carpets, you need to know a few basic criteria that should rely when choosing a coveted interior. This is the shape, size, color, material and compatibility with the surrounding environment.
Bright carpet in the interior of the living room
What size should the carpet
To properly correlate the mat size and rooms, we need to consider two main points - measure the total area of the premises and places where presumably will be based on our "decorative friend." Next minusuem 25 cm from walls, furniture and other things that it will surround and pretends approximate parameters.
Round medium sized carpet will divide the room into zones
By the size of the carpets are divided into:
- small - 3 m2;
- medium - from 3 to 6.5 m2;
- big - 6 m2 and more.
Selection of the number and size will depend on the route position on the floor.
Little long carpet looks good on bright kitchen
How to choose a carpet on the floor to the interior
To comply with external harmony to remember one simple rules - the amount of coating should be no more than a third of the room. This means that the possible versions - or one large rug in the center, or two equal in different areas, for example, one in the center, the second at the back between TV and sofa, or on opposite sides bed if bedroom. The main thing that they were not covered in the aggregate more than a third of the room.
Council: large carpets visually reduce the room, especially if they are dark colors, however, and a small carpet will look very comical in the great hall. We need to clearly relate such things.
The correct ratio of the carpet size to the size of the room
Form and content
Forms carpets today are not only repeat all kinds of geometric shapes -. circles, ovals, polygons, squares, trapezoids, etc., but also available in the form of flowers, animals, drops, snowflakes, and even ghosts. the imagination of designers, often completely erase all conceivable limits.
A round table and a round rug will decorate the dining area
What to do? Ideally, you need to take into account the geometry of the furniture, if dominated by rectangular tables, sofas, wardrobes - the same should be lying next to the carpet, the same circles and ovals. However, modern decorators claim that today everything is possible! If you want to make a note in the classic chic negligence - make bold, even on the floor living room, library or large bedrooms, Located tea rose or white ghost. The main thing is not often - these elements must work on the contrast and to be in a single copy, otherwise you will lose the effect of surprise and highlight.
"Shabby" rectangular rugs will add a note of carelessness in the interior and make it more relaxed atmosphere
As for the content, the material may be any, as well as the length of the pile (all on a short-nap carpets are divided with the average and include the long pile).
- Wool. It is expensive, but quality classics, such products are manufactured in the factories of wool, they are pleasant to the touch, flexible enough and able to serve faithfully for 50 years, remaining almost intact. They are characterized by calm tones and suited to all types of interiors. However, there are drawbacks - very quickly spoiled and can eat mole or mold damage have handle special means and monitor the humidity of the room.
Wool carpets look expensive and luxurious look to classic interior
- Silk. This radiant luxury will cost even more expensive than wool, but their quality quickly is absolutely worth it. Carpets made of silk is incredibly strong and beautiful, because the texture of the material provides a unique opportunity to work as clearly as any image! Silk carpets are so refined that they are often compared to paintings of great painters and regret lay on the floor, using as bedspreads and sofas.
Silk carpet harmoniously combined with antique objects of everyday life in the bathroom
- Viscose. This artificial art, seemingly all very similar to silk, but in fact it is cellulose. Not only do they produce quality detailed drawings of silk "masterpieces", so still and do not crumple, do not wipe from time to time, especially not polluted, and most importantly, cost several times cheaper. It is ideal for all families with children, cats and dogs - cheap and beautiful.
Rug with viscose in the interior of the living room
- Nylon. This polyamide carpets, which provide bright images, high strength and abrasion performance, resilience and an interesting one very important quality for families with small children - they do not ignite. So if, as in the movie "Back to the Future", your son or daughter accidentally set fire to the living room carpet, be with them gently.
Bright nylon carpets in the interior hallway
- Polypropylene. This is the most inexpensive, beautiful, smooth, bright and easy to clean carpets, but also the life of their small, their maximum - 5 years. On the other hand, it will provide an opportunity to update the interior.
Carpet made of polypropylene in the nursery
- Polyester. Resemble wool counterparts, they are almost as soft and durable, luxurious look to include the long version and also keep warmth, perfect for living rooms. But there are two drawbacks: they "shoot", polyester - the perfect storage for static electricity, and badly hold the form if they have to be washed, or if something distorted.
Carpets with Polyester luxurious look in a modern interior
When choosing the form and all material will be based on the size of the budget, the method of application and the surrounding circumstances - the presence of small children and animals. Of course, you can spend on a snow-white carpet with long natural bristles, but is there in the sense that it zatopchet your dog, will score hair black cat or razrisuy kids? Or does it make sense to lay on the floor mat thin silk handmade, when much more appropriate to be reclined as covered in the bedroom oriental type?
If your house is all akkuratisty - can afford bright hues and natural composition, in other cases, come up and synthetics, the decision will depend on the imagination and prudence hosts.
Council: designers noticed a very beautiful moment - include the long bark very well with fireplace, located in this zone, it is best to create a feeling of warmth and coziness.
Include the long carpets in the interior of a bedroom
How to choose the color of the carpet to the interior
Since carpets are bought not for the season and for years to come, the color choice is very important as it is directly linked with the drawing. If you are not sure what will suit you vivid color, there is a universal palette that works correctly in any interior form. This diverse beige and different shades of brown - from coffee, chocolate to almost burgundy. The same scheme will do this with the drawing - unobtrusive and smoothly flowing into each other patterns, geometric shapes, ripples or simply flowing into each other shades of one color.
Bright color accents in the interior can be created using the carpet
Fans extravagance can choose whatever their heart desires, based only on the combination of paragraph 4, which will adjust a little direction and not give imagination carry you in the direction of bad taste.
What should be combined color of the carpet:
- common tone wallpaper or paint;
- shades furniture;
Council: rugs can be a color scheme with walls, furniture and curtains, but they should not be chosen precisely to the floor tone as "merge" with him, and the interior will lose a bright accent.
The harmonious combination of the carpet with the interior: the repetition of floral motifs wallpaper and carpet
How to choose a carpet for the living room interior
And yet, the main priority location where we can often come across the carpet, it living room. As a rule, it is the largest room, which will allow any experiment, the main thing - to remember about the right size and compatibility!
If we want to emphasize the geometry of the room and furniture - is to choose carpets of clear forms. Incidentally optionally lay "rectangle by rectangle" or "circles and ovals under roundness", sometimes in the form of an ellipse carpet much cheaper stresses stringency clear form and vice versa.
Carpet with clear shapes look great in the interior of a classic living room
As a link between the furniture and the carpet in the living room can serve as a upholstery with a similar ornament or decorative pillows to match. Just to curtains or wallpaper - with a carpet of them can combine color or pattern.
Carpet, paneling furniture and curtains in the same style
With regards to practicality: living - the communicating room, where ever welcome guests throughout the day and live all your household and pets (if they have one), so it is in the living room rug should have a higher density. Checked this point simply, when buying is folded edge and look - the more visible base, which is attached to the pile, the lower the density and the better it will get clogged with dirt there.
Dlinovorsovye carpets contrasting color dilute the interior a spacious living room
Council: for the living room carpet is best to take a very high density, it is easier care.
Recently, and quite a long time for some reason the designers say a firm "no" flower pattern, but if you like the style of Provence, it is not necessary to give up favorite topic for the sake of fashion. After all, your home - your castle, and there needs to be comfortable for you.
How to choose a carpet to the interior: a few additional useful points
What else do we need to know when choosing a carpet:
- The product is not harsh or exude odors.
- Woolen carpets must be impregnated with a special compound against moths.
- If you take carpet for handmade living room, look at and inside out. Ornament and color must match exactly with the face. Also, there must always be signed by the author.
- If you just bought from the carpet will roll in villi - do not panic. The first few days it is normal, some scree natural due to storage and transportation.
- Heavier - not better! Many people believe that the carpet harder, the better it is, and "richer" - nothing like that. Most often it is the "heavier" so - harder to move, to wash and care.
- Children are very fond of unusual things, and there are carpets, it is not suitable for the classical description. But these products are also strong and durable and, most importantly, interesting kids. For example, some articles of leather woven with other materials and bright colors. They may contain "depressed" traces or protruding elements. they are not so expensive, but nursery interesting to look any carpets or pandas imitation sand with indentations coinciding with the feet.
Unusual carpet of colorful threads in the bedroom of a teenager
Choose the carpet for any room - it is important, but not as difficult as it may seem. The main thing - to remember and match few simple criteria - size, shape, color, compatibility. Do not forget to bring your calculate and recorded space dimensions, which will be based on updated. And then even the largest range does not make you confused and make a mistake in choosing.