Correct the problem of the lack of natural light, or simply to decorate the kitchen, - LEDs give a wide scope for action in both cases
LED lights for the kitchen and kitchen cabinets - the best solution to ensure a comfortable cooking process. After all quality lighting of the working area kitchen It is of key importance not only in comfort but also in the quality of the food that comes out of his mistress's hands.
LED strip is quite safe to view. It is important for families with children
Warm yellow light is suitable for use in decorative applications where it is necessary to emphasize the beauty of natural wood pattern
Why do you need a kitchen light and views
Cooking - this is the case, to which the hostess spends a lot of time and effort. In order to make the process convenient, need not only comfortable furniture, but also the right light. The best is the one that provides the best of a bright, but not dim lighting of the working area, often located under wall cabinets.
Self-adhesive LED-tape does not require any special skills to install
Important! The presence of the scattered light in a sufficient amount, which comes from several sources, ensures the absence of shadows, and therefore, complete convenience.
Combining LED-lighting in different form factors: Mortise lamps plus self-adhesive tapes
Too much light will not help in cooking. After all, it hurts the eyes, a person gets tired quickly. As a result, there is irritability. A cooking in this mood will give delicious results. Types of illumination of the working area:
- natural. Window, balconies, other sources from the street. The intensity of the light depends on the brightness of sunlight, window size, such as curtains.
- general lighting. Is any source located in the traditional location - the center of the ceiling. It will provide background lighting, but it is sometimes not enough, as the lighting unit is behind the person who is cooking, resulting in products that cut, cleaned or treated by other methods, poorly illuminated.
- Point or accent lighting. This is a great local lighting solution. It is considered most economical for this LED lights in the kitchen. It provides the necessary light output, fits well into the interior, and it can be installed without any problems personally.
"Polite illumination" kitchen cabinets using diode tape
What is LED lighting?
LED lights - is a convenient variant of the decision of the zonal lighting in the kitchen. The main element that provides lighting - LED tape. Recent are semiconductors that emit light when passing through them of electric energy. The brightness of the emission will depend on the chemical composition. In order to use the tape could be a long time, it must only be connected through a special transformer unit.
The advantages of this type of coverage include:
- It is resistant to the effects of different genus.
- Durable. Just the fact: this band is capable of working 15 hours a day for at least 14 years, maybe more.
- The color scheme highlights huge. White or red, orange or green, maybe blue or purple? Custom colors are used for decoration, not for lighting, look great as the illumination of the ceiling. The most original embodiments are LED ribbons with ultraviolet or infrared luminescence spectrum.
The RGB-ribbon, skillfully applied to black-and-white kitchen, can change its appearance at the click of your fingers. In the photo is clearly seen as a different kind of food in general, depending on the color and light strength
- The tape does not need to be warmed up, it gives from the start of a bright light.
The advantage of the LED - instant on at full brightness. They have no effect, familiar to many on "Xenon" light - long buildup
- By itself, the tape is inexpensive, environmentally friendly and completely safe. It does not require special conditions of utilization.
- The tape can be used at any temperature environment.
Belt types and their choice
The main criteria on which the tape should be selected for illumination kitchen - is its protection from moisture.
Important! Picking the wrong type of tape, you will incur additional costs in the future, because it will burn out quickly, and you have to buy a new one.
LED-diodes can be illuminated from the back side kitchen aprons of glass or stone. They effectively scatter light from tiny light sources
Moisture, condensation, temperature fluctuations are inevitable in the kitchen, and LEDs it must withstand. At present, there are these types of tape on the type of protection of electronic components:
- Open. They are not sealed, and moisture easily reaches the contacts gang. Designated this type of tape marking IP33. They should not be used for kitchen lighting.
- One-sided. The upper part, wherein the LEDs are arranged, is protected with silicone sealed protective housing. Marking tapes of this type - IP65.
- Double-sided. This is the best solution for the kitchen, it is completely sealed, since light elements covered by a plastic casing. Label these tapes - IP67 and IP68.
Tapes with the maximum index and moisture resistance suitable for outdoor illumination. They are also excellent withstand impact and seawater, and do not suffer from condensation in the temperature range from -30 ° to + 85 ° C
Also, when choosing a lighting element that you need to pay attention to:
- Power. It is also called the power of light. This figure depends on the number of diodes in the lighting sector. The brightest tapes include 120 lighting components to one meter. These tapes combine designer and lighting functions. Slightly "weaker" in the light belts are 1 meter 30-60 sources. Such is often used only in the decoration, with their help decorate kitchen interior.
- The strength of the glow determined power belts, and it is within the range 4,8-32 W / m.
Tape with a minimum luminous intensity suitable for interior decoration and for installation into shallow boxes and cabinets
types of LEDs
Label them SMD (which means that the surface assembling, provides a wide viewing angle), and further are figures describing capabilities tape. For the kitchen, you can use these types of LEDs on the power and angle of light propagation:
- 3528 - average power and a wide light distribution angle (≈120⁰). Is allowed to use for illumination of furniture, ceilings and decorative purposes.
- 5050 - bright LED high power. It consists of 3 crystals wide angle within 120-160⁰. Is used as main lighting.
- 5630 and 5730 - the brightest sources of light in the main kitchen. Lighting angle to 160⁰. With the help of a tape of this type will be able to cover all corners of the kitchen.
- 2835 - this is a new development in the field of LED lighting. Smaller size elements have good brightness in a compact size, and its capacity is preserved at not less than 50 thousand. Hours of operation.
Powerful LED-ribbons in rows and suitable for the organization of the main ceiling light
To LEDs fixed on the kitchen furniture, not a blind eye, they can be secured in special boxes. Since the main light will be directed downward
Tape mounting location
Use LED strips in the kitchen should also be right. Interestingly, one can not only illuminate the work surface or used as the primary source. The correct solution is to highlight:
- Individual elements of the kitchen units. Thus it is possible implement zoning, identify niche, cupboards, crockery, which performs a decorative function.
One way of fastening tapes for decorative purposes - horizontally toward the open shelf
- The decor in the kitchen - paintings, individual raised portions that need to be addressed.
- kitchen apron and accordingly, the working surface.
- Inside the drawers and cabinets.
"Polite illumination" deep drawers is possible thanks to miniature diode light sources and instantly incorporate them into the full force
- attention to the emphasis on stained-glass components, shelves, decorated transparent glass.
- The lower part of the cabinets. Directly under cabinets. With such a reception will be able to create the effect of "floating" furniture.
EXAMPLE combining different color temperatures in the diode backlight kitchens
- Multi-level ceiling.
- The emphasis on the bar.
RGB-lamps can illuminate the room static color or by choice. Light color can be selected on the remote control
Tip! Use LED strip warm lighting spectrum in the classical kitchen interiors. Solutions minimalist direction or high tech It looks better in a cold spectrum.
Universal recipe selection highlight color is: a warm yellowish light suitable for traditional interiors (color temperature is 3300 Kelvin), to modern - neutral white and cool
Lamps low power are ideal for lighting are made to order large wine cabinets
Matte black and kitchen cabinets and lights suspended working surface light yellowish
Materials and tools for the backlight assembly
In addition to the tape itself, which can be bought in a specialized shop of lighting equipment for installation need:
- PVA cable, section 0.5, often only a couple of tens of centimeters, but stores such volumes do not sell if no residues will take 1 m.
- Power Supply. It is needed to convert the current. His choice is to pay particular attention, because of the proper selection of power depends on the durability of the types of lighting. Power margin must be, but do not affect the overall dimensions of the transformer. Perform calculations for it is possible, from the length of LED strip and its type. For example, for a tape with a capacity of 5050 SMD 12 should be chosen so transformer: tape length is multiplied by 12 W, but need a small power margin - resulting figure is multiplied by a factor 1.25. According to the results and need to pick up power supply.
Tip! You can use the work, but the unnecessary charge from the laptop if it meets the necessary power.
Set of tubes, cables and the power supply controller and the switch with controlled lighting
Spotlights to illuminate the kitchen apron and the ceiling above the hanging cabinets
- Scissors, duct tape.
- Soldering iron with rosin.
- Connectors to connect the portion of the tape, if any.
- Controllers, if used multi-colored ribbons.
RGB-LEDs provide an opportunity to choose among the most exotic flowers to create unusual decorative effects in the room
Note! Special fasteners for the tape often is not needed, because the reverse side of its applied part, through which it has self-adhesive properties.
Highlighting small power for many hours of daily use. A resource of this type of lighting is working properly when the power supply is enough for half a dozen years
kitchen cabinets LED backlight under:
Ribbon to highlight the work area easily. With the tools and materials listed above, you can begin to work.
Initially should measure the length needed for the installation. For this purpose under the bottom hinged lockers need to measure, on what area is planned gluing tape. If you purchased a tape in the reel, it has a standard length of 5 m. On it is necessary to measure the desired length and cut.
Reel LED tape and a miniature remote control "card"
Important! Cut LED strip can be of any type only on labels, otherwise it will not function.
After cutting extreme contacts laid bare by the silicone casing, they will be needed for soldering or connecting connectors. Connect the wire to tape it better by soldering. for fixing points are marked + and -. This method is more reliable, though a bit time consuming. The use of detachable connectors fraught contact erosion and fire.
Do not turn on the backlight at least a few hours after installation! During warm-up, it can come off and the glue dries. Fix it will not succeed
The next stage - the insulation compound using electrical tape or heat shrink tubing. Insulating tape - the usual option and explain how to use it, it is not necessary. The new and more convenient solution is to heat shrink tube - it provides better appearance and higher quality seals the connection. I need to buy a tube with a diameter slightly larger than your connection, cut them, put on a contact and heat the building hairdryer. Due to the influence of hot air and the material shrinks tightly encloses the docking location.
The neutral white backlight and aprons in a kitchen worktop with facades with wood pattern
Mounting of the tape is carried out directly with the Kitchen Cabinet, at its lower part. Location tape depends on the size of the working surface. Optimally to make two lines of illumination:
- Under the wall itself.
- In the middle or on the edge of the cabinet.
If the tape is not self-adhesive, use double sided tape. It is first necessary to secure on the tape, and after degreasing, carefully removing the protective layer, adhered to a selected portion.
Before applying the tape should be thoroughly degreased surface. Pay particular attention that needs to be done under the slab, if the tape will be held and there
Near the place where the tape is adhered, must be assigned transformer. Wires were attached to the first stage of the belt, is connected to the network 220 is through a transformer. And it is already included in the socket by means of a plug.
Contour decorative lighting of the podium, furniture and shelves in the kitchen, loft
LED strip along the edge of the shelves in the pantry serve as the main lighting
Details on how to carry out installation of LED strip can be seen in the video.
Tip! If you plan to generate several lines of light on a single transformer, should each bring a switch, so will be more convenient to use.
Red flashing lights in the kitchen glossy snowy
Stylish metallic mosaic lights via the LED ribbons on open shelves
Installation of LED lighting in the kitchen - the best solution. The tape is easy to install, is a long time, do not require special care. With it you can create the optimum illumination of the working area and to provide illumination in the most secluded corners kitchen.
Neutral white light to help achieve an ideal configuration, task lighting and decorative colored low-power creates a unique mood in the evening hours