A spectacular pergola in a modern style
Pergola is originally from the Mediterranean, where in ancient Rome used purely utilitarian purposes - to support and strengthen grape vines, making it easier to harvest. Over time, due to the ease of performance, practicality and aesthetics, pergolas have become a vivid and spectacular element landscape design.
- Pergolas types: a variety of options
- Pergola garden with his own hands: a phased description of the work
Pergola will add beauty and comfort to your home
Pergolas types: a variety of options
Pergola in a modern style with a view of the mountains
A beautiful wooden pergola with pretty awnings
The direct translation "Pergula" stands for "extension" or "shed". Initially pergola - composing this structure with repeating sections (pillars, arches, pillars), which are interconnected inconspicuous bars and tightly twined plants. Today pergola in the country can be used for different purposes:
Very cozy Mediterranean-style pergola
Pergola in dark colors against a background of bright green looks very impressive
- awning (canopy) - have a pergola over the top of the seal to provide reasonable protection against the sun. This pergola can act as a gazebo - fresh soft breeze and light penumbra soften the heat; a great place for meals, get-togethers with a book (tablet) or friends. It can be used for the canopy over the device playground or car parking. By design, it can be adjacent to the house (then it will be more like a veranda) or stand alone. Naturally, this overhang will not protect from rain, while it is possible some of pergolas covered with waterproof material, for example, tarpaulin.
Pergola in retro style
Stylish and comfortable pergola near the pool
Pergola in the form of a canopy over the car parking
- screen - often used in landscape design options for zoning area, pergola-screen will provide a secluded corner on the site. Installed along the border, pergola can hide the site from unwanted foreign interest, mask is not too picturesque outbuildings, separate sitting area from the car parking space, for example, if the garden is designed in a Victorian or classic style.
Pergola-screen separating the sitting area in the garden
- tunnel - a pergola, having a general orientation, often placed above path or footpath.
Beautiful pergola tunnel, entwined with roses
Pergola tunnel, entwined with vines of grapes, creates an ideal atmosphere for relaxation
A cozy corner in the nostalgic garden - pergola, entwined with climbing plants
- canopy - canopy, It is located on the south side of the building, a characteristic detail of the exterior of the southern houses. Apart from the purely decorative function of such a canopy, twined with vines or other climbing plants, and it has practical value. Closing the south wall from direct scorching sun, it greatly reduces the thermal load on the side of the house. This approach has recently been widely used in energy-efficient homes, where a pergola installed along the south wall - it can significantly reduce the load on the air conditioner.
Roof-overhang has besides decorative function and practical value
Very original performance pergolas
Tip! Installing a pergola along the south wall, is necessary to keep a distance of about 30 cm (brick - 50 cm) - resulting air flow will protect the plants from overheating and further cooled wall
Great place for get-togethers with friends or book
Bright pergola in a classic style
If you are going to install a pergola, you should consider several factors:
- as an element of landscape design, pergola should be in harmony with the overall ensemble area, including - with the architecture of the house. Pergola collected from untreated poles will look beautifully on a site in a country style, add color and variety to the buildings in a rustic style, but will be completely foreign body on the background of the house in high-tech style
Pergola, made in the same style as the architecture of the house, looks very harmonious
The perfect combination of pool and pergola in a classic style
Bright and spacious pergola in eco style
- pergolas size should be in harmony with the rest of the buildings and its destination. For example, as summer arbors for small areas is optimally suited forged pergolas, graceful and air in the atmosphere which itself promotes relaxation. But pergolas of wood, solid, with columns made of bulk, bulk materials, will look good on a large plot, next to the swimming pool and are ideal for noisy parties. In addition, a large open space, a small pergola just get lost
Beautiful bright pergola of wood on a background of bright green
Wooden pergola looks great by the pool
Beautiful Mediterranean-style pergola
- strength - eventually climbing plants grow and begin to exert a significant load on the load-bearing structural elements. And winter here is added and the mass of accumulating snow, because pergola will make some kind of snow guards. In addition, braided, for example, grapes, pergola will have a significant windage, so should be able to make significant wind loads. That is why the height pergola usually does not exceed 2.5 m
Pergola should be not only elegant, but also robust
Bright pergola in a modern style
- further operation - regardless of the material from which will be made pergola - wood or metal, it will require regular maintenance: antiseptic treatment and dyeing in order to prevent damage (corrosion or rotting) of the structure
Classic balcony with a pergola on the sea background looks simply amazing
Creativity in the construction of pergolas
Pergola garden with his own hands: a phased description of the work
Wooden pergolas in landscape design - a universal solution for all types of gardens. made of timber, they will look harmoniously in the modern garden of oshkurennyh and processed tree trunks - for the natural garden or in country style. In addition, installation of wooden pergolas can be carried out independently (Figure 1.)
Fig. 1. Pergola wooden: setting circuit (1 - main beams overlap, 2 - supporting columns, 3 - crossbars, 4 - concreted pillars ends)
- site layout - very important to maintain the symmetry of all components
Very handy wooden pergola in the Art Nouveau style
Pergola with a beautiful view of the pool
Very interesting pergola in a modern style
- to install a large pergola lay columnar (much less - belt) base, but the metal crutches (Figure 2.) are often used for wooden pergolas that clog hammer into the ground to a depth of 40-60 cm In order to look attractive pergola, it is important to bear. proportion - design width should be larger than the height, they may be equal in extreme cases. Pergola, whose height is greater than its width, it will look ugly.
Fig. 2. The metallic support for mounting a crutch
- installation of support - it would require a level to the supporting pillars were installed perpendicular (Figure 3.) relative to the ground. For small pergolas, if not satisfied foundation base supports treated antiseptics (wrapped roofing material). In order to impart greater stability, pillars can pour concrete
Fig. 3. Installation of supports
- after curing concrete set side horizontal beams (Figure 4.), are fixed to the supports brackets, and for them - the upper transverse beams (fixed with nails)
Fig. 4. Installation of the horizontal beams
- installing trellis panels - to the uprights wooden slats fastened with nails. In this case, the panel should not touch the ground - it will warn their decay and the need for emergency replacement.
White classical pergola on the background of bright colors looks very nice
Graceful pergola in a modern style
- Decorating - construction can be colored in a suitable color (which has a purely practical importance, since the material will improve protection from adverse external factors) or decorate thread.
Very cozy pergola Rustic
Style pergolas should be combined with other architectural buildings
Tip! Pergola metal is usually made of pipes of different diameters. We should not make the narrow and high metal pergola - these designs are very unstable.
Pergola not only makes a shadow, but also creates a comfort
Pergola, canopy in a modern style
But the creation of a pergola does not end with the erection of the structure. Now it is important to choose the right plants for pergolas, which will not only create a pleasant shade, but will constantly change the appearance of pergolas - spring, summer, autumn, she will look different, transformed beyond recognition. To achieve the desired effect, it is necessary to adhere to the following rules:
- should choose plants with approximately the same periods of growth and development. On the one hand, it will help to get a beautiful monolithic green hedges, with another - some plants will not obscure and hinder the development of other
Plants should be selected with approximately the same timing of growth and development
For pergolas plants need to choose correctly
- no more than 2-3 species of plants should be selected for planting around pergolas (creepers) - too much diversity complicate the care of plants. In addition, too motley pergola does not always fit into the overall design concept
Pergola in a contemporary style with a wide view of the green expanses
Excessive diversity of plants around the pergola greatly complicate their care
- Planted only stable and adapted to our climatic conditions species, some species may require shelter for the winter, so it is necessary to foresee, as they are removed from the crates.
Plants near the pergola should be adapted to the local climatic conditions
Around pergola planted fast-growing climbing plants, which form a dense mass of green, creating a human shield from the sun's rays. The classic version - a pergola for grapes, cultural or wild. Very unpretentious in the care and climbing roses honeysuckle Perfoliate that do not require special care. They tolerate drought well and do not require particularly frequent watering, and their gorgeous blossoms have a unique flavor.
A wonderful patio with pergola in Mediterranean style
For landscaping pergolas well suited Parthenocissus (quinata) - fast growing, flexible and plastic plant, which is equally good feeling in the shade and in the sun. A definite plus - the coating changes color in autumn, the bright greens replace saturated purple shades.
Very bright and beautiful pergola in a classic style ideal venue for small parties
It is much more demanding in terms of care and Clematis (Both small- and large-). Firstly, it is a plant-egoists, the closest "neighbor" should be located no closer than 1 m from the bush. Can not tolerate moisture, drafts, cold air, and require careful preparation for winter. But if you try, this flowering vine pergola looks great.