To understand what a quartz-vinyl tiles and what are its properties, it is necessary to represent its structure. This laminate, which consists of:
- a base layer of PVC,
- balance layer PVC reinforced with glass fibers,
A bathroom with a stylish floor of the quartz-vinyl tiles
Due to the large amount of natural quartz vinyl tiles has wear-resistant properties
- the base layer with the addition of quartz,
- decorative layer imitating any invoice
The decorative layer vinyl tile can simulate any invoice
Quartz-vinyl tile under metal
- a protective coating of polyurethane, which has an anti-slip effect.
Such multi-layer coating does not mean that it must be too thick. Quartz-vinyl tile PVC in thickness may be from 1.6 to 4 mm, which determines the degree of its wear resistance.
Quartz-vinyl tile - nice and pleasant view of the coating
Tip! The choice of tiles of a certain thickness and therefore the strength is dependent on the place of its intended use (residential spaces, public buildings, shops and warehouses).
The application spectrum of quartz-vinyl tile is very wide
Recently, quartz-vinyl tile is increasingly replacing other traditional coatings
Advantages and disadvantages of the material
Demand for the material is growing not by accident. His increasing define numerous advantages of quartz-vinyl tiles:
- high strength and wear resistance (minimum warranty period for the trouble-free service of the floor covering is about 15 years)
Due to its properties vinyl tile is perfect for bathrooms
Quartz-vinyl tile has a huge number of advantages
- resistance to external influences (humidity resistance, heat resistance, absence of burn-in light, etc.)
- ease of installation and ease of care,
Often the quartz-vinyl looks so well that at first glance is even difficult to determine the natural material in front of you or not
Quartz-vinyl tile is environmentally friendly material
- the possibility of replacing individual parts, which are deprived of many finishing materials for floors,
- no slipping on the floor, which saves you from the possibility of injury (important in children's rooms)
Quartz-vinyl tile is perfect for a child's room
Quartz-vinyl tile has the ability to replace individual parts
- high degree of comfort when using the bathroom as the floor of the quartz-vinyl tile is a warm,
- a range (such as the texture, color and shape, and by fixing method)
- adequate for the price of such characteristics.
Quartz-vinyl tile has a huge selection of textures, colors and shapes
Vinyl tile looks very nice and has a high price
The disadvantages of the quartz-vinyl tile flooring rank the severity as determined by the complex composition and the presence of quartz rocks, and the need to align the base under it. Because the material is flexible, all elevations and depressions remain visible and tangible, if not pre-leveled floors.
Quartz-vinyl tiles wear and will last for decades or
Quartz-vinyl tile can mimic absolutely any surface (wood, stone or plastic), with the same texture and color. In shops it is presented in the form of squares or stripes. Depending on the choice of form and method of placement can create different decorative effects on the floor.
Quartz-vinyl tile will help to make a warm floor
Unlike laminate, vinyl sound of footsteps on the floor will be muted
By way of fixation material is divided into three types:
- tiles are stacked with an adhesive,
Quartz-vinyl tiles are stacked with an adhesive
Quartz-vinyl tile with interlocks
- variant adhesive (glue already applied to the underside of the tile and is closed with a special film, which is removed at installation).
Self-adhesive version of the quartz-vinyl tiles
One of the advantages of quartz-vinyl tiles called its ease of installation. Features stacking quartz-vinyl tiles depend on the option selected products. Most often acquire an option designed for bonding, or self-adhesive tiles (method of packing the lightest possible).
Quartz-vinyl tile is very easy to install
Bathroom in bright colors with quartz-vinyl tiles
Laying quartz-vinyl tile includes the following steps:
1. Preparation of the base for floor coverings. As a basis can be any surface: wood, metal, ceramic or cement floors.
Before laying vinyl tiles should prepare the base
Tip! Some experts do not advise to lay the tile directly on the concrete floor screed. This is very difficult to carry out repairs and replacements cover when necessary.
Vinyl tile is visually attractive and appropriate in the interior of any style
The main requirement to the ground is considered to be its smoothness. You can use the self-leveling compounds, and it is possible to "old-fashioned": clean, prime, eliminate cracks and other defects. Further, it is important to evaluate the moisture level of the floor, the average value of which should not exceed 5%. For "wet" spaces (kitchen, bathroom, etc.) should provide waterproofing.
Vinyl tiles with imitation wood
Quartz-vinyl tile floor provides improved PVC coatings
2. Preparation for laying tiles. Following the acquisition of tile laid immediately it can not be. She should lie down for about 48 hours in the room where the work will be carried out, at the same time removed from the packaging it need not be.
Gorgeous red floor in the peas from the quartz-vinyl tiles
Tip! If a quartz-vinyl tiles are assumed to underfloor heating, heating costs include not less than 10 days before laying. When working with glue floor temperature should be about 18 degrees, the same temperature should hold a minimum of 3 days, and after laying. Then the display can be turned off and turn on only when required.
To the surface on which the stacked quartz-vinyl tiles, special requirements
Hallway coated quartz-vinyl tile
3. Immediately styling. To work with the most popular variant of the quartz-vinyl tiles will need glue for PVC coatings. You also need to prepare a square, a notched trowel, a knife, a pencil and a special ice rink for the flooring (it is necessary for the reliable bonding without the occurrence of air bubbles under the tiles).
Tile waterproof and resistant to any known household chemistry
Glue is applied to the surface of the floor remains to dry for 30-40 minutes, and only then begins to work with tiles. Laying begins with either a center of the room (important when creating decorative designs using tiles), or from the front door. Each master determines the order of the work itself, depending on the room size and its destination. "Obstacles" styling (columns, recesses, protrusions, steps, etc.) do not cause particular problems because of easy cutting material ordinary knife. If you want to cut curved holes previously should prepare patterns.
Living with quartz-vinyl tiles in a modern style
Tip! As for drawing a floor, at the back of the tiles specially marked arrows that show the direction in which to put stuff. If the tiles are not laid in the same direction, under the influence of light can disrupt the image conceived by the manufacturer of the coating. However, the end result should be at the discretion of the owner of the premises.
When laying vinyl tile is difficult to go wrong with the selection of the figure
Floor vinyl tile looks very impressive
care for coating of quartz-vinyl tile presents no special problems. For regular cleansing suit vacuuming or broom, wet cleaning and the use of household chemicals. Individual spots can be removed with a stiff sponge foam, which does not harm the integrity of the tiles.
Quartz-vinyl tile is easy to clean