- 1 Species and varieties Weigel
- 2 Recommendations for planting
- 3 Reproduction: the main ways The best and most productive way is a reproduction Weigel cuttings. graftage Green shoots are cut in June and July. Res make a straight line. cutting length should be 20 cm, and width - 5 mm. The cut branches were placed for a few hours (6-12) in a growth stimulant, after which the lower leaves are removed and immersed appendages 10 cm in proryhlennuyu fertile soil, which is in the shade. Cuttings watered twice a day. If successful rooting of the spring Weigel planted in the selected location. Cuttings - one of the best ways Weigel breeding Stiff branches are harvested in autumn or early winter. Planted them in boxes with a mixture of sand and soil nutrient. Top and sprinkled with sand. Place a container under the film and monitor the level of humidity that constantly needs to be high. Weigel with lilac flowers seed Leaving capsule with seeds on the bush, you can wait for their "samovysadki", after which the seedlings transplanted into a breeding ground with sand (2/1). Seeds can be collected and sow crates. Note, however, that to preserve the properties of varieties can not be in such a reproduction. During the multiplication of seeds of varieties Weigel properties are lost slips Decide on the lower branches, tilt them to the ground, an incision was treated with a growth factor and added dropwise. A year later, the seedling is separated from the parent bush and planted in their own place. Reproduction Weigel can also be performed by layering care Regulations
- 4 Diseases and pests
- Species and varieties Weigel
- Recommendations for planting
- Reproduction: the main ways
- care Regulations
- Diseases and pests
- Weigel - video, photo
Bush Weigel honeysuckle family owned and consists of 15 species. His homeland is South-East Asia. In Russia (Far East) can be found early V., B. and B. Middendorf pleasant. Unfortunately, not all types ripen in mid-latitudes. But if you select the appropriate form, planting and care Weigel will not deliver a hassle.
Weigel - an interesting design for landscape shrubs
Flowers Weigel dark and light pink
Species and varieties Weigel
The name of this genus of deciduous shrubs was in honor of the German botanist von Weigel, contributed to its spread in Western Europe. Consider the most popular species and varieties Weigel.
Weigel with white flowers
Light pink Weigela bush
The shrub reaches 2-3 meters in height. Weigel flowering leaves are pointed at the ends and slightly below underfur. Because of the short petioles it seems that they are attached directly to escape. flowers have a bright pink Colour, bloom in mid-May, and pleasing to the eye for about 20 days. Weigel flowering branches change color with age, turning from red-brown in gray.
White-pink flowers Weigel
The most frost-resistant varieties is probably Weigela Variegates. Leaflets her small, up to 5 cm, and the flowers are pink, collected in the brush. The height of the bush comes to 2.5 m.
Bushes Weigela Alexandra above two meters are not drawn. They grow slowly, adding about 10 cm per year. The leaves of this variety have a specific maroon and green. On a dark background of foliage stand out brightly red bell-shaped blossoms.
Tip! By combining several plants one species, you can create a wonderful group planting. B. blooming looks great on its own, if it vysalit near the door to the house or wicket.
Weigel Middendorf features are yellow flowers, bells, no yellowing to the October foliage and two flowering period of a year. Grow this bush can be individually or in company.
Tip! In nature, B. Middendorf growing in the woods, so to garden plot It will look good around other shrubs and rarely planted trees.
Very lush, richly flowering shrub. It is perhaps the most decorative of all kinds. flowers - violet-red, bloom for 10-30 days. Bright green summer leaves turn yellow in September. Due to the thick crown of brown and gray branches are not visible.
Tip! Weigela early not too freezeproof, it requires a shelter. If winter in your area fierce, better take a different view.
In an effort to create the most suitable for the environmental conditions of the middle band shape, breeders have combined different types Weigel, selecting the best quality. Thus, hybrid shrubs have dense foliage and lush flowering buds and range of shades is quite wide: purple, pink, purple, white and carmine flowers are pleased not only for its beauty, but also a great flavor.
Weigel hybrid includes several forms, the most famous of which is Bristol Ruby. This is sufficiently high (up to 3 m) long shrub with bright green leaves. Ruby red with orange midway flowers Weigela Ruby bloom in June.
Weigela hybrid - Bristol Ruby
Weigela hybrid - Bristol Ruby
Selecting suitable type, you need to decide how and when to plant Weigel.
Recommendations for planting
Planting Weigel is not noted particular difficulties. We just need to find a good place and properly arrange the landing pit.
White-pink flowers Weigel
Prepare for landing
When choosing a place to land, consider the following preferences Weigel:
- Solar shine. In the shadow of this heat-loving plant will not bloom at full strength;
- The absence of drafts. Wind too ruffled leaves and inflorescence Weigel, which adversely affects the development of the plant and its appearance;
- Moisture. The land must be kept moist but not boggy. Water stagnation at the roots is not allowed;
- Priming. Weigela grows best in fertile, non-acidic, loose soil.
Weigel loves light and fertile soil
Tip! If the land in your garden has high acidity, spend before boarding Weigel liming.
As for the seedlings, it is better to choose the three-year sample. They are easier to make and grow faster.
Weigel among thick foliage
Weigel planting is carried out in early spring. Fall planting will not give good results as before the cold weather has time to root seedling not.
Pits 50 * 50 cm high bushes digging at a minimum distance of 2 m. To assume a smaller interval of low grades. 15 cm from the bottom of the well should take drainage, designed to protect the roots from rotting. For this purpose, use gravel or broken brick.
White flowers with a purple base Weigel
Tip! If the soil is loamy, add sand drainage.
Soil mixture for Weigel typically of turf, sand, and humus (2/2/1). In use as a fertilizer potassium salt (40 g per well) and superphosphate (60 g per well).
Weigel is best planted in early spring
The roots of the seedling is recommended to treat stimulant (eg, "Radifarmom") and seat it in the hole so that the Radical neck remained at ground level.
After landing must spend mulching, laying at a distance of half a meter from the seedling desyatisantimetrovyh layer sawdust, bark or peat.
Mulching the soil around the bush Weigel
Tip! When planting Weigel groups, mulching must be carried around the entire ensemble.
Mulching the soil around the ensemble Weigel
Next, let's talk about propagation Weigel.