Wood carving - a new round of development in the modern interior
A new round of development in the modern interior I got wood carving, photographs, drawings and sketches that keeps popping up on websites dedicated to design. This is a very expressive technique used to decorate furniture and interior, which is now the richest national artistic carving tradition on the tree in new ways rethought, and the use of new techniques, methods and elements provides a product that not only captivate their extravagance and splendor of appearance, but even to have artistic value.
- Woodcarving: select material
- Types of wood carving
- Carving in the interior of the wood, especially the use of
Furniture with woodcarving striking splendor appearance
Some articles with carving on wood even have artistic value
Woodcarving: select material
Wood - a material that surrounded the man with the first steps of civilization, in all known civilizations had their own tradition of woodcarving. As the material, which is most easily treated, it has been used for decoration such as palaces and temple buildings and a housing. Today the popularity of wood carving easily fits into the general trend of the popularity of natural materials and intricate patterns for carving are the kind of alternative straightness modern interior styles.
Today, the popularity of wood carving gaining new momentum
Woodcarving give individuality and accentuate a sense of style
For solving various tasks and obtain original decorative element threadably different wood can be used:
Original decorative headboard
Carving a Japanese-style wood
- linden - due to its softness, the most demanded material for carving, because it is great to get small, even tiny, Products: photo frames, jewelry boxes, toys, household utensils with an expressive pattern. Work with lime is very easy, it is with it is necessary to begin to master the technique of carving on wood
Woodcarving use different types of wood
Wood carving - a very common craft
- oak - is known for its durability and hardness, it is used to create a massive panels and carved wooden furniture of oak looks not only looks attractive and soundly, but will last for decades
Carved wooden oak furniture looks superficially attractive and soundly
Beautiful carved furniture
- Birch - excellent raw material, this wood has a clear, distinct relief. It is used to produce a spectacular cap decor or create a stylish souvenir items
Birch - excellent raw materials to create decorative elements
- walnut - wood is very hard, but it is well processed and polished. It has a wide range of uses - from small objects and decor to the furniture to the carved sculptures of different sizes and shapes
Walnut - wood is very hard, but it is well processed and polished
Sketch pattern for furniture
Carved chairs "Twist"
- pear - prized for its unique qualities - almost never warp or crack. As a valuable raw material is used to create exclusive interior items, decorative and gift items
Beautiful souvenir from pears
Pear - a valuable raw material that is used to create exclusive interior items, decorative and gift items
Pear has unique qualities of wood
- alder - having noble Color: rich red, purple, black, is often used as a substitute for the valuable species
Alder is often used as a substitute for the valuable species
- pine, yew, spruce, cedar - particularly material can create massive sculptures carved, decorative trim, and cornices.
Beautiful chairs with carvings
Fragment carved ANSP
Tip! An excessively dry air may cause cracking of the wood, so the safety of the threads need to maintain optimum humidity mode, it may be worthwhile to buy a humidifier.
For the safety of the thread is necessary to maintain optimum humidity mode
Fusion cuisine with carved furniture
Beautiful antique mirror with carved frames
Types of wood carving
Woodcarving is not a strict classification in contemporary styles can simultaneously combine several techniques manual processing of wood, but there are several basic types of thread.
Furniture with woodcarving in the interior of the fusion style
Wood Carving will add a touch of glamor and extravagance of your bedroom
Carved rocking chair
Pass-through (open-work or trench) carving wood involves complete removal of the background patterns and borders. It may be as simple and openwork, in which case the patterns may have different heights, and the edges are processed. This method is used for the manufacture of frames, linings of doors, and decorative items. Very often used for openwork carving space zoning - this is a very characteristic manner, for example, for rooms in oriental style. Wood carving fret - the basic techniques for producing these light, literally floating in the air patterns.
Wall decorations made with through-thread
This type of thread is characterized by the fact that the basis in this case is a flat background, and are themselves thread elements are recessed into it - the lower level of thread elements is located below the background level. There are several subspecies ploskovyemchatoy thread:
- contour - drawing on a flat background is obtained by means of grooves, the grooves, which may be semi-circular or triangular, depending on the choice of chisels for woodcarving, although such an effect can be achieved and the usual knife
Sketch for contour thread
- skobchataya - image is created by applying a flat background of semicircular notches-brackets
- geometric carvings (Triangular, trehgrannovyemchataya) - in this case, the two types of elements: a peg and a triangular pyramid recessed inward. For their preparation, use special knives for carving - jambs. With the pegs of the pyramids and used repeatedly, at different distances and different angles can be obtained in the form of patterns of geometric shapes: diamonds, chains, lights, cell viteyki etc.
Casket with geometric carvings
Sketch with geometric carved rosettes
Beautiful interior with carved furniture
- black lacquered thread - in this case as background using a flat surface coated with a black paint or varnish. Against this background image is created by the grooves - due to the different structure and depth of the grooves can obtain the original game of light and shade, and the contrasting black background emphasizes the bright carved grooves
Black-glazed thread - a very interesting way to Thread
A characteristic feature of this type of thread - all elements arranged either above or flush with the background. All carved panels made in this particular technology. This is the most complex type of thread, it can be used to create a variety of convex images: coats of arms, ornaments, logos, animals, etc., with a major role in the originality of the finished product is a game of light and shade.
Relief carving - this is the most difficult type of thread
Table with relief carving
Art carving, actively used to decorate the exterior of house with a variety of ornaments and carved figures, located on the front of wooden elements. With it may be decorated with almost any overhead and protruding elements on facade of the house: Balusters, architraves, cornices, towels, pricheliny, ploughshare roof, porch pillars. At the same ornaments for carving may differ significantly even within the same region, passing rooted traditions.
House-carvings serve as an excellent decoration of the exterior of the house
Carving in the interior of the wood, especially the use of
Furniture and interior elements, decorated with wood carvings, in most cases, are used in the classical (Victorian, Empire, baroque) Styles, adding atmosphere celebration, pomp and luxury. To create an interior in ethnic style (Japanese, African, Moroccan, east) it is important to choose the equipment and templates for carving that most accurately conveys the national peculiarities.
Furniture with woodcarving
Bed with carved back looks very nice
Carved furniture adds to the atmosphere of celebration, pomp and luxury.
The decor of the tree can be used for decoration of any premises:
- handrails - carved balusters, balustrades and handrails made of wood will bring in an interior luxury nobility and personality. Graceful chiseled support columns (for the manufacture of machines used for carving) with florid concentric thread will add sophistication ladder, while fully corresponding to the requirements of the strength requirements for stair railings
Carved railings will bring in an interior luxury nobility and personality
Wood carving and rustic
- carved columns and pilasters - to act in times of antiquity as the core parts of buildings that support the upper structure, today they are used for decorating the premises. Their installation helps to optically increase the height of the ceiling and increase the expressiveness of the interior
Carved columns help to enhance the expressiveness of the interior
- wooden console - they are used to decorate the ceiling and walls, attaching to the console carved wooden beams, and the column top walls. Performing a decorative function, the console can also be used as a support. Alternatively, carved consoles used on doors and furniture
Despite the long history, wood carving does not lose relevance today
- carved rosettes - use them well and conveniently attach trim. More wood carved outlet caisson device used in ceilings, for decorating doors, fireplaces, etc.
Sketch of the carved rosettes
Wooden carved outlet device used in the coffered ceiling, to decorate doors, fireplaces and joining architraves
- frames made of wood - can be used for finishing and decorating not only the door (window) openings, but the decorative wall panels, mirrors. We should also note the carved picture frames, without which it is hard to imagine a room in Victorian style
Magnificent decorative wall mirror in Victorian style
- carved baguettes - intermediate between the wall and ceiling, as compared with polyurethane, such baguette looks much richer and exclusive. Optimally, picking patterns for carving on baguette that they resonated with patterns in other elements of the interior, for example, with carved decoration of furniture or frame pictures
Tip! Massive wide baguettes will be harmonious look in the rooms with very high ceilings, and here for rooms with low ceilings recommended baguettes thickness not exceeding 10 cm.
Interior with carving on wood looks much richer and more exclusive
- carved cornices - give the room an aesthetic and stylistic perfection.
- carved friezes - are used for decorating furniture, as well as for ornamental edging walls and ceilings
- carved corners add charm to any room.
Hand-carved wood in the interior - bright and original ideas look at the video: