Bright interior with checkered sofa Chesterfield
Whether the count, or the city - now and do not remember, in honor of someone or something called the Chesterfield sofa, which for several centuries is a sign of good taste. Unlike many other furniture sets, he recognized and to mix it with other sofas impossible.
- I know you, Chesterfield
- Classic and modern models
- spirit of the times
- Why choose Chesterfield?
- How to choose and not to be mistaken?
- interior styles
Modern living room with dark brown sofas
Soft green Chesterfield sofa in the bright living room with a brick finish
Brown leather Chesterfield sofa in a modern interior
Beautiful blue interior in the style of fusion with a small sofa Chesterfield brown
I know you, Chesterfield
At Chesterfield sofas, leather or textile upholstery, there are a number of characteristics that make it stand out among others, as follows:
- "Rhombus" stitch. In those days, when these sofas just appeared, it was not so much decorative as functional task. Since the filler was horsehair sofas, it is due to the stitches it is evenly distributed. Also, this stitch is called the four-wheel. Although now more modern and fillers for such functionality is not needed, this feature remained.
Note! In the classical model Chesterfield sofas, which are still to be found in the interior, stitch used on the entire area, including the seat. Current models are equipped with removable soft pillows.
Upholstered furniture unsaturated blue with classic sofa suited for a traditional living room
Beautiful leather Chesterfield sofa with metal rivets
Bright living room in the loft with brown leather sofa Chesterfield
- armrests equal height with the backrest. This makes the model very easy for people of any height.
- The shape of the armrest - tightly rolled scroll. It is characteristic and is somewhat similar to the elements ancient columns.
- Legs or subtle, or completely invisible.
Small blue sofa on a small foot in the interior of grays
Bright yellow Chesterfield sofa in the living room-style fusion
Today you can buy a Chesterfield sofa, not only with leather upholstery, but also in other versions - velvet, brocade, velvet and others.
Classic and modern models
Although there is a strong belief that it is the skin - this is a classic type of upholstery, but it is not so. In those days, when there was a Chesterfield leather dress was very difficult. We used most often velvet upholstery.
But still the leather sofas with all the characteristic features of Chesterfield are persistent popularity. The most common colors - earthy gamma. In particular black, clay, brick, terracotta.
If we talk about the new trends, the designers offer textile upholstery bright, juicy colors. Often you can see Printed versions, such as the British flag all over the upholstery.
Cabinet in the English style with a classic leather sofa
Classic leather Chesterfield sofas in black in black and white living room
The classical model Chesterfield sofa in the small living room beige
Interesting! In 2008, craftsmen from Holland introduced the world inflatable Chesterfield, and in it were kept all the basic criteria - stitch armrest level with the back, no legs. This can easily take a picnic or barbecue. The range of products - two and three seater sofas, seat.
Another modern trend is a Chesterfield sofa. He looks quite original and at the same time has a high level of functionality, as hosts many guests.
The stylish modern interior with a large gray sofa Chesterfield
The spacious interior of a private home living room with gray sofa Chesterfield in a modern design
spirit of the times
The first change that has undergone design Chesterfield were not dramatic. On Karetnaya screed it was uncomfortable to sit, so soon appeared smooth and comfortable pillows.
Next came the turn of the backrest, armrests and legs - current models do not always have the same height. The legs are much higher than the usual model. Increased "depth" sofa landing, for the same reason any original shape armrests. characteristic "roll" hardly traceable in them. Chesterfield sofa bed is also a novelty, but there are also such.
Note! Became popular model seats of Chesterfield type. They are like small copy of "big brother".
Light Chesterfield sofa in the living room with fireplace
Fusion style in the design of a living room with luxurious sofa Chesterfield purple
Stylish, modern interior with black parquet flooring and a leather sofa black
Large corner sofa Chesterfield in the interior of the loft style
Why choose Chesterfield?
The choice of this model dictates the style. At all times, those who have in the house was a sofa, automatically belonged to the elite. His choice and the ability to enter into the interior (though it is, in fact, is not so difficult) became the criterion of style.
Note! Despite the enormous versatility, Chesterfield should not be put in small living room. In order to appreciate its beauty, it is necessary that there was a good review, because the sofa, like any work of art to behold from afar.
Square bright living room with dark sofa Chesterfield
Brown leather sofa looks good on the background of blue cabinets
Artificially aged leather sofa Chesterfield
Yet several factors:
- They uniquely combine femininity and brutality. For example, a black leather sofa will be a truly masculine, and its location in the room will make the room more solid, serious. But it is worth the same black couch to put in a glamorous white living room while casually throw him a fur cape - it's already become a truly feminine. This sofa is able to change sex, and only need to choose the right environment for him.
- Versatility. It can equally well to emphasize the traditional classical interior, and at the same time perfectly fit into the ultra-modern.
- He aesthetic from all sides and in every room. And it's a huge difference from other sofas! Chesterfield can be put under the wall, maybe in the middle of the room. Flaws in the back of there.
- Chester timeless. This is especially true of models with leather upholstery. Such as the years and decades only improve. They appear patina of time, exclusive Aged.
Fact! Chesterfield comes from England and could well become a family heirloom that is passed down from generation to generation.
Living in a fusion style with brick walls and a sofa Chesterfield
The living room in retro style with leather sofa
Yellow Chesterfield sofa in the Mediterranean interior
How to choose and not to be mistaken?
This quaint and comfortable sofa becomes such only if it is correctly selected. Key selection criteria:
- We check the quality of the screed. Sofa, which is made by a professional, it has a characteristic deep coupler. This uses a polyurethane thickness not less than 8 cm. The thickness is less than the worse.
- The geometry of lozenges. The criterion for the quality of the sofa are correct form lozenges across the trim area. Most often err unscrupulous manufacturers in the corners and behind. Although a good sofa is simply obliged to be beautiful from all sides. For high-quality upholstery, even the very small sofa you need at least 3 days.
- Armrests. For the formation of their characteristic shape upholstery material must be carefully put. On fabric or skin should not be untidy folds, both armrests must be maintained symmetry. To do this, you need the utmost attention and, of course, skill.
- Upholstery. Since it consists of many small parts, it is possible to see how well made joints. If there are errors in the flatness and uniformity of the stitches from the purchase of the sofa should be abandoned.
- Covering material and manufacturing. What made sofa inside, can not be verified, except that damage the upholstery. As for the upholstery, then the best option would be leather or suede.
Note! Sofa from imitation leather, eco-leather with the exception of high density and resistance to abrasion, will quickly lose the original appearance. This certainly is not the age of a person.
Dark brown leather Chesterfield sofa looks good in the office building
Classic living room in beige and brown colors with brown sofa
Modern living room in dark colors with a dark blue sofa Chesterfield
Little light Chesterfield sofa in fusion style
The cozy living room with classic sofa Chesterfield
Chesterfield sofa: photos in the interiors of different styles
The classic model will fit perfectly in the interior of the cabinet. In this case, well, if the room will be wooden items and other leather accessories. The traditional "library" - is also its history.
The light and bright Chester - an excellent choice for living rooms. In this large room sofa can be supplemented with chairs of the same style and color. Basic techniques for entering the sofa in the interior - this is the correct selection of accessories, which in this case is really decide everything.
The interior in the style of the country with a gray sofa Chesterfield
Luxury classic living room with fireplace and sofa Chesterfield
Chesterfield sofas in the living room look good fusion style
Black Chesterfield sofa looks perfect on a black background wallpaper
Living in a loft style with a brick wall and a leather sofa Chesterfield
Chesterfield sofa - one of the oldest pieces of furniture that does not lose its positions till now. And they are equally popular for modern design, and for classical.