Features cornices for Roman blinds
Elegant and laconic Roman blinds firmly occupy a leading position in the field of interior design. Previously, they were used only on ships, but today they can be found in a variety of houses, flats, offices, public institutions. But perhaps most of all like such curtains not only for design, but for ease of use and the ability to adjust the position. And it delivers all the reliable, simple mounting system.
All modern cornices for Roman blinds are made from durable materials with a long service life, does not need special care, and the product itself is able to last for a long time without loss of quality.
Living room with many windows, decorated with Roman curtains
Fastening cornice is carried out both to the wall and to the ceiling or window profile, which makes an already convenient design features regardless of the mobile environment.
Recommendation for mounting heavy or multi-Roman blinds: Ceiling mounting system
One big roman shades with robust ceiling mount
Ceiling mount design Roman blinds on the windows of non-standard
Tip! Use ceiling cornices, Roman blinds when used as a separator space, for example, in the doorway, or as a screen.
Themselves as the curtains are attached to the eaves with a special adhesive tape. The latter can be used for fixing both Roman and other types of curtains, such as French or Austrian. This functionality is helpful if you need to change the design of the room, and the cornice leave the same.
Fastened to the eaves with a special adhesive tape Roman blinds with automatic control type
Varieties of cornices for Roman blinds
The choice of the cornice for Roman blinds depends on the size of the window opening, ease of use of a particular model, as well as by matching the style of the interior space, where it will be installed.
The main types of mounting rails for Roman blinds are divided into three groups depending on:
- holder type, characteristics of the window opening.
- the type of control.
Two types of cornice brackets for each living room window
The choice of the cornice for Roman blinds priority affect the design features of the window opening, including its dimensions:
- When standard size window openings suitable cornices with classical type of mount, mount that carried to the wall above the window. curtains level in the expanded state will coincide with the plane of the wall, creating the illusion of unity.
Classic style Roman blinds holder fixed to the wall. This is perfect for the bedroom, providing blocking light penetration while lowering curtains
An example of a classical type holder that secures directly to the wall above the window
An example of the type of wall mount for the living room cornice
- At small sizes or windows of the premises used by the mini-rails, which are attached directly to the frame. With this method of attachment is still open the window sill, which saves space and efficiently dispose of them at small dimensions of the room.
Mini cornices for Roman blinds on the windows of small size
Mini-ledge for fastening Roman blinds on the small screen
A striking example of a mini-curtain rod for mounting Roman blinds. This type of mount is attached to the frame and leaves open a window sill
- Cornice with a beveled type holder is mounted on the non-standard oblique windows, in particular roof. This design looks aesthetically and reliably fixes the curtains in the sloping position.
Cornice with oblique holder for Roman blinds
Tip! Arched windows, there are special moldings that are the same shape as the opening, but the curtain will not rise to the top. It should take into account, if relevant natural lighte.
Two standard rectangular window size and one arch in the home office. Special repeating oval ledge provided for arched windows
Roman blinds are beautiful in the unfolded state and a folded, forming a spectacular folds. Robust design of the lifting mechanism operates smoothly and without fail, it is ultimately affects the proper form curtains. To operate no problems, it is important to choose the right type of management:
- The system of cords (Cordoba mechanism) - the easiest way to control Roman shades. The cord passes through the attachment on a cornice and fabrics, easily locking the latter in position. Curtains in this type of control should not be too heavy, the allowable weight - 3.5-3.8 kg. Quite sturdy and robust design differs a low cost, ease of repair. Mostly mounted on a wall or ceiling.
EXAMPLE mini rails for fastening Roman blinds with the simplest way of managing, with the mechanism of Cordoba
Linen roman blind with the easiest way to manage, with a cord
- Chained (rotary-chained) mechanism on the principle similar to Cordova, but is more improved, reliable and designed for a greater fabric weight (7.5 kg). Adjusting drapes occurs by the action of mechanical design - a chain drives the block which pulls the tape attached to the curtain. Curtain width (window opening) in this control method must be within 3.5 m. The structure itself is attached either to the wall above the window opening, or directly to the frame.
For the formation of folds on the spectacular Roman blinds folded, you want to control. In this case, the chain-lift control mechanism
Rotary-chain-management mechanism for heavy fabric Roman blinds
- The automatic control method performed by installing special motorized structure, allowing to adjust Roman blinds with a remote control or a wall unit. This type of control is the most convenient, it does not limit the weight and dimensions of the curtains, no noise. But the price of these products is much higher than in the eaves with manual control. Most of these designs is set at a large opening height.
Roman blinds on the windows of the dining room with an automatic control method
Tip! The wider or heavy fabric curtains have, the more robust and reliable to be her mount. Cords and chains are ideal for Roman blinds, cover standard window openings in the apartments.
Cornices for Roman blinds are made from the following materials:
- Plastic - lightweight, strong and durable material, most commonly used for curtain of chain with a control system. Such structures are able to withstand prolonged stress, and a variety of colors makes the plastic moldings is almost universal, allowing to find a suitable model for the interior.
Typically, the interior in the Scandinavian style is chosen from plastic moldings that do not aggravate the window decoration
- Tree - mainly used for the manufacture of eaves with control cords system. This material is rarely used because of its high cost, but the product is a beautiful, "warm", a long serve. Design wooden eaves ideal for classic interiors, where plastic or metal look out of place.
- Aluminum - cornices of metal characterized by high strength, allowing the curtains to place any weight. On aluminum eaves set automatic control system. Such designs are often installed in public spaces, but also for residential, they are suitable especially for high altitude ceiling.
Tip! For windows of irregular shape should make the eaves under individual sketches, and, should focus on the Location of this page or automatic control mechanism.
The choice of the cornice and interior style
Greater role in the selection of the cornice playing style of the premises. If the curtains - this is a full-fledged part of the interior, it and their attachment must be correct.
Plastic moldings are suitable for rooms, decorated in contemporary styles such as minimalism or Scandinavian. For this purpose we choose the design in white or light gray in color without any decoration.
Classic interiors complement the cornices for Roman blinds made of wood. Photos of products clearly demonstrate that the design and functionality compatible. The outer structure side can be smooth, shaped, painted the color of wood. Impressive and elegant look wooden slats with a gilded ornament.
Cornices of wood optimally fit into the interior, decorated in a retro style, Chalet Country, Provence. In the latter case it is better to use wood, painted white.
For high-tech style, modern or loft best fit cold shine of metal aluminum moldings with automatic control system. The same design is reasonable to use when installing "smart home" system.
Cornice for Roman blinds often buy ready-made, especially since today is easy to pick up a design for every taste and budget. Such embodiments are ideal for window or door openings of standard dimensions. To design served as a long and reliable, it is necessary to choose the products of reputable manufacturers.
Cornice and Roman blinds for a modern bathroom with a standard-size windows
But in some cases you may need custom-made Roman blinds mounting system, for example, if the window shape is different from the usual or curtains themselves are assembled in multiple layers. The last option implies the possibility of adjusting and fixing the curtain at different levels.
Fashionable modern design bedrooms with custom-made classic fastening structure
Scandinavian living room with custom-made solid supporting structure
Tip! Multilayer Roman blinds is better to fix with the help of the ceiling structure, it is more convenient to use when you need to fix the curtains on different levels.
Multilayer Roman shades with a hidden mounting design
Attachment structure, Roman blinds do not have to be in sight. There are mechanisms hidden type, the outside can not see them at all, if a curtain hangs in the air. This option is ideal for modern interiors.
Mini-rails for attaching Roman blinds concealed type
Hidden fastening cornice design
Two types of cornice in the bedroom: open to ordinary curtains and hidden for Roman blinds
Hidden fastening design Roman blinds for your home office interior
Very easy to hide the mounting structure under a layer of tissue, a kind of canopy, combined with the color of the curtains or other textiles, with which decorated interior.
Tuscan bathroom with hidden supporting structure. White dense fabric on the cornice creates a canopy effect
Chain-type control Roman shades with fabric canopy covering the mounting structure
Ceiling mounted cornice for Roman blinds can disguise its other interior design elements, such as decorative panels, window frames or broad ceiling molding. Such solutions are appropriate for design in the neoclassical style, loft, modern, ethnics.
Cornice for Roman blinds: installation
Virtually any a cornice for Roman blinds is easy to install their own hands, in the presence of basic skills:
- On the wall or ceiling (depending on the installation of a suitable method) mark the point at which the fasteners will be located. They should be placed with the light of that curtain deviates from the plane of the window opening 3 cm.
- With the drill in drill holes in the ground marks.
- Self-tapping screws to fix in their arms, reaching complete with mounting hardware.
- Install the cornice on the brackets and fix it on the curtains, attaching adhesive tape strip at the top of the bar. Press firmly.
Tip! Before installation, Roman blinds, make sure that at the bottom there is a weighting rake. It would be responsible for the formation of spectacular folds and drapes secure fit bottom.
For the formation of folds in the lower part of Roman blinds have a weighting of rake
Properly selected cornice for Roman blinds provide a secure fit and adjustment of curtains is ideally fit into the interior, and will last a very long time.