White quartzite or sandstone is very refreshing interior room. It is best to look at such a cladding supporting walls, and above the fireplace
Using masonry in the design of living space it has long ceased to be a rarity. Decorative stone in the interior today has pleased many designers will appreciate the positive aspects of this natural material. So, let's find out how you can include decorative stone in interior, whether it has a finishing material whims and public styles interior it looks more natural.
Wild stone in the walls and the green "chesterfield" - classics, stylish complement modern interior
Portal fireplace, lined with white quartzite
Positive aspects of ornamental stone
In terms of finishing interior spaces this material as compared to other - one of the most practical.
- First of all, it's different ecological and hygienic - so as decorative stone can not settle mold or any other dangerous fungus finish of this material can be used even in the bathroom or in the kitchen.
- A material known for its durability and strength.
- Decorative stone unassuming against harvesting - it merely must be periodically cleaned with a damp cloth or soft brush. It is better to abandon the idea of using harsh abrasives and wire mesh. In addition, this finishing material can even vacuumed.
Beautiful reception from upscale interior designers: interior walls of old buildings wild, or with the rock texture, stone
- Decorative rock - non-combustible material, making it fire resistant. This same feature is crucial in the choice of this material as a facing fireplaces.
- It is well suited for upgrading internal ornamental ponds.
- Decorative stone perfectly gets on with most of the other materials - from wood and floorboard until glossy metal and glass.
- May have any surface - like matte and glossy. The same applies to the invoice: according to the customer can pick up the rough or smooth stone.
Vertically tiled honey-colored quartzite
- The richness of colors and patterns makes it possible to arrange the room so that it did not have analogues, and it was absolutely unique.
- Thanks to modern technology decorative stone is no longer a heavy material that can deform or even destroy the wall.
Thus, the use of natural decorative stone in the interior has a number of advantages that make it welcome in almost any room.
Stone, imitating the old brickwork - it is also a relatively budget way to give the room an individual charm
This cozy two-level apartment of one of the walls are covered with white pebbles. This was done just the piece and took three weeks. The idea: architectural FORM Bureau, Kiev
What to consider when you make the room decorative stone?
The basic principle, which must be taken into account when finishing flats stumbling - a healthy sense of proportion. If let myself go, and decorate the walls in the house from floor to ceiling stone walls, you can get the opposite effect of expectations instead of comfort you get in such a case, the cave or crypt, a stay which will waft the cold and depressing thoughts.
Mediterranean style in the decoration of the walls and the arch of the portal
Modern decorative artificial stone is quite easy, and the weight of a finish - in the framework suitable for use in prefabricated apartment buildings
Therefore, when using stone in the design of living spaces need to soberly assess the area of space, ceiling height, the degree of natural light exposure, on what they look toward the light, and its windows are all here, as well as - in any style room done.
a medium-sized black slate tiles used for lining tripartite fireplace
Facing wild stone country house in the living room
Due to the fact that most Apartments can boast spacious rooms and high ceilings, decorative stone used in the design of better cottages and private houses. If you still want to bring to the appearance of his apartment (even if small-sized) Monumental touch, and together with the comfort, the correct approach masonry can be used here. Here are some examples of its use in a typical city apartment:
- You can apply for this type of material space zoning. In particular, if your apartment is made in the spirit of studio, it is possible to visually divide living room and kitchen space. It is also possible to arrive at zoning office and space for recreation.
- If Duplex apartment, You can use the stonework around stairs.
- With the help of a stone can decorate one of the walls hall or Hall and lay that material interior arches.
Living room of a country house in Mediterranean style
- Note that natural materials (including stone and) look great in areas where the equipment is located. So, to reduce the stress on the organs of vision and hearing, can make stone accents in the places where the works TV or a computer.
- Natural stone can be used in the kitchen, replacing their usual apron of tiles.
- Of course, the examples of this decorative material can transfer indefinitely.
This type of decorative stone requires a flat surface, and one of the easiest ways to laying - in gypsum boards to furring of metal profiles
Council: darker than your apartment, the lower the masonry should be used. In case, if you still want to do this, it is better to give preference to light stone with porous structure.
Imitation masonry, painted white, in modern standard apartment
Quartz, dolomite, and, of course, the popular sandstone - good for interior trim in the interior of a private house
Decorative stone in the interior How to choose the finish for the selected style
There is not much material like a stone, which would have been so organically fit into the look of the room, regardless of the style of their design. This is due to the fact that natural materials are welcome even in the glass and metal interior type hi-tech or techno.
Terrace facing the porous walls of honey-colored sandstone
- Minimalism. Since decorated in this way the room completely devoid of decoration and spare parts, stone accents in it are an original way to attract attention. Entirely covered with masonry walls in this style is a rarity, but the use of it for zoning premises is very common. Perhaps deliberately textured stone options will not look like the most in this case is the best way, while the smooth semi-gloss solid-color plates will fall just in time. This can be beige sandstone darkgray shungite slate gray and pink.
The exclusive design of a bathroom lined with walls of blue granite slabs
- Loft. This is one of the styles, the most amicable with decorative stone. Although in its original form loft premises provide a simple brickwork, you can replace it with a stone finish in gray or light brecciasbrown limestone.
Decorating the walls of the bathroom tiles rusty slate
- Classic and neoclassic. These directions are used in a variety of stone - from the perfectly smooth marble to its textured and rough fellow.
Thin-walled decorative tile is good for finishing falshkaminov. The most interesting thing will look a set of tiles of different sizes and colors as well as an ideal accuracy is not needed
- Castle style. It is well suited for the cottages, but the apartment from its use should be abandoned. In combination with wrought metal elements (Stairs, grate, chandeliers) And an abundance of wood (furniture, floors, ceiling beams) masonry in this style looks powerful and monumental. It should include stones of different sizes, among which must necessarily be allocated externally grout. Bright shades of dolomite and sandstone warm colors will look naturally and comfortably.
Boulders, pebbles and wild stone in the design of the portal traditional fireplace
Country-style allows for some variety in the choice of stone. Organically will look here for an imitation of ancient masonry block
- High tech. Despite all his urbanistichnost this style welcomes stone cladding, in fact it is able to once again emphasize the spectacular neighborhood of metal and glass.
Covered chopped stone wall of a cellar of a modern country house. Such a method of cutting the stone in the slang of professionals called "noodles"
Artificial stone sometimes indistinguishable from natural obtained from rocks. This is also guaranteed by the presence in its composition of natural mineral pigments and crumbs
Decorative stone - a material that opens up to the imagination of the designer limitless expanse. Impressive appearance, practicality and reliability, environmental and hygienic - all this makes it possible to use the stone in its entirety.
Stunning, breathing fresh interior with furniture from BB Italia (sofa Bend Sofa - Patritsiya Urkiola, the chair Piccola Papilio - Naoto Fukasawa) and completely covered with decorative stone walls