Properties of wall panels MDF
- This material is in no way be confused with chipboard or MDF. In fibreboard (MDF) and the density of the mass is much higher. Hence the increased strength, allowing for the condition of the walls, you can not worry about for a very long period. To break or bend the plate, it is necessary to apply sufficient pressure.
MDF panels have a huge amount of positive qualities
Stylish garage with walls finished MDF panels
- MDF panel wall sheet shows itself at its best stability with respect to moisture and temperature extremes. The material does not warp or swells under the influence of moisture. This property allows to use the plate in a humid.
- The material is easily machined: grinding, milling, bonding, drilling, fastening. They can be decorated with decorative cutting and to cut them any patterns. It's enough to have the tools for the wood and, of course, skill.
MDF is resistant to moisture and temperature extremes, as well as easily processed
- MDF is resistant to any wood glue. For this material developed "liquid nails" - a special adhesive that allows you to not only glued, but also to seal cracks on the surface and between the panels.
- Various sizes allow MDF wall panels in the process to reduce the amount of waste.
Bright MDF panel with 3D-effect
MDF panels are perfect for kitchen apron
What are the different types of
Installing MDF wall panels help to create a unique image of any room. All sorts of ways of finishing the front surface, the size and shape of the material will allow a variety of options to choose from suitable for you.
MDF will help create a unique design of your room
According to the physical characteristics of MDF panels are divided into the following types:
- Pinion - the most common type of material. Ease of installation is available in the crest of each rack bar - on the one hand, the slot - on the other. This allows for easy installation with their own hands, without resorting to outside help
Rack and pinion type of MDF panels
- sheet Panel sheets are of various sizes, decorated in various ways.
Sheet MDF panel help to quickly make a decoration of walls
- tile MDF panels are similar to tile, but are larger. Installation is carried out on the principle of rack-in tiled format - "ridge in the groove."
Decorating the walls white lacquered MDF panels to create a sound insulation
Types of decorating the front surface of the panels:
- Veneering. These panels are the most resemble natural wood and texture, and color. For their cladding is applied a thin layer (less than 3 mm) wood veneer.
Veneered MDF panels perfectly mimic natural wood
- The panels on the front surface of which is applied to the polyvinylchloride film, called laminated. This type of wall decoration looks very stylish. A variety of patterns, colors and textures are distinguished from other types of material. Finish glossy PVC film gives the room a respectable appearance.
Laminated MDF panels look very attractive
- Wall panels MDF with photo printing - a new fashion trend. Printing with all kinds of images applied to the front surface. To protect the top of the figure is applied a water-repellent lacquer layer on an acrylic basis.
- Decorative panels MDF with 3d-effect - the know-how in the construction market. This method consists in applying a finishing material by staining in different colors simulate waves geometric three-dimensional figures, the thread relief. Registration of premises such material helps to solve the most complex design ideas.
Decorative panels MDF 3d-effect
MDF panel with 3D-effect can help make a reality of interesting design ideas
- Panels painted with special colors - the traditional method of processing. Spreading evenly on the canvas, paint smoothes out minor irregularities. The paint colors are no limitations. Finishing with silver or pearl effect corresponds to modern styles in interior design.
MDF panel, colored inks, have a huge range of shades
When choosing MDF panels consider the place of their application. For example, the laminated material more resistant to abrasion or scratching. Painted articles have higher moisture resistance than the veneer. But for veneer products will have to pay more because it is a natural material.
According to its MDF properties far superior to wood
Advantages and disadvantages
We have already talked about the merits of this fabric as strength, moisture resistance and environmental friendliness.
MDF panels with each day becoming more popular
What else can be attributed to the pluses of these panels:
- "Dry" method of wall decoration. Installing MDF wall panels does not provide preliminary training base surface: spackling, plastering, priming. "Purity" is mounted in the absence of large amounts of dust even when sawing or cutting material.
Installing MDF panels does not provide pre-deployment training walls
MDF panels in the hallway in a modern style
- MDF - the material is not a static, do not attract dust. In this case provides easy care, even wet cleaning permitted.
- The possibility of additional sound and heat insulation space. The insulating material is easily and conveniently laid between the wall and panels.
MDF panels are easy to care
- Wall panels Kitchen from MDF or bathroom should be used with caution. Their edges after cutting or sawing necessarily treated with a special composition to protect against moisture and wetness. Otherwise there will be swelling and deformation of the entire structure.
MDF panels used for finishing the ceiling
Due to its properties of MDF panels are ideal for bathroom
- Installation of wall panels MDF is not having moisture barrier properties is not performed in the field of condensate accumulation.
- This material has a reduced fire safety. Therefore, electrical cables and wiring, which lay behind the panels, and next to them, should be placed in special boxes.
Decorating the room and its MDF doors
This finishing material is attached to the walls of two ways:
MDF panels are easy to install
Dining room with bright MDF panels
Features exist in each method. However, no matter which installation method is applied MDF wall panels, the material must be prepared. The humidity was equal to the panels of indoor air humidity, the walls of which will dispose of material for a few days should stand upright in this room.
- If installation of wall panels is performed MDF carcass method crate (frame) is first coated or impregnated with varnish antiseptic.
- The frame is assembled from wooden beams. Vertical MDF panels are mounted on rails arranged horizontally on the wall and vice versa. Bars are also installed around the perimeter of the room and openings.
Before MDF panel installation must be prepared
- The most labor-intensive work in the frame mounting method is the installation of the frame. The wall panel is mounted quickly and easily. To connect the "ridge in the groove" separately purchased special clips - klyaymery. Klyaymer first inserted into the notch panel and then fastened to the frame. This is necessary to secure the panels to the frame. The design does not interfere with klyaymerov inserted into the slot next panel crest.
MDF frame mounting method
This method is more simple in execution, because for mounting panels in this case does not require the installation frame. However, the panels for adhesive attachment prepared perfectly. They are thoroughly cleaned from all sorts of attacks, and are aligned with extreme precision.
MDF panels in the interior sea style
Before purchasing a "liquid nails" glue for mounting, make sure that they match the color of the panels. An example would be dried up drop on the package with the adhesive composition.
Some MDF panels have a method of mounting adhesives
Features of operation
- During operation the material enough time to wipe with a damp cloth from time to time. Detergent in this case should not contain abrasive materials.
- During the period of operation of MDF panels may need to be minor repairs. In this case, the panel can easily be removed and installed in their place new ones.
MDF panel, if necessary, easily replaced
Reasonable price and high quality, an excellent appearance, ease of installation, maintenance and operation - all these qualities are collected together in one material - MDF panels, provide its demand for finishing any surface.