Clay tiles - this is a very popular contemporary decoration material
Paving tiles for interior walls decorative materials on the market occupies a special place - it is a practical and aesthetic material that allows you to simply create a unique design. With it you can very accurately convey the texture of natural stone, brick or even wood, at the same time on the qualities she is not inferior to them.
- Clay tile: Use features in the interior
- Laying ceramic tiles: technology features
Clinker tiles in modern living room
Clinker tiles in a two-storey apartment
White brick looks very noble
From ceramic clinker tiles different raw material used for manufacturing, as well as the firing temperature. For the production of ceramic tiles using peat or shale. Procedure firing ceramic tiles lasts 36 hours (ceramic - 2-3 hours) at a temperature of 1200 to 1500 ° C. As a result, the newly formed clinker gets the crystal lattice properties of the monolith, becoming completely waterproof. However, this is not the only advantage of ceramic tiles:
- strength - clinker tiles insensitive to any stress - bending, compression, it brings great as a peak and long-term static load
- resistance to any kind of weather - temperature (easily tolerate even severe frost, so it can be used in unheated summer houses), high humidity (perfect for bathrooms or kitchens), ultraviolet rays (does not fade, retaining its original color)
Clinker tiles in a modern style living room
This decorative material is resistant to high temperature
- ease of care - it is easy to wash, it is insensitive to chemicals (alkalis and acids), resistant to abrasion, so it is actively used in environments with high permeability and high levels of pollution, for example, in vestibules
- anti-slip properties - even after being hit on it wet or greasy, it is absolutely non-slip, which is very important for the bathroom or kitchen
- fire safety - tile fire-resistant, non-flammable and does not support combustion
- environmental friendliness - it does not emit harmful fumes
Excellent cuisine in the style of a loft
Imitation masonry looks very impressive
Bedroom with ceramic tiles
To get the tile, the texture as accurately simulating a natural (natural) stone, in its composition is administered special mineral inclusions, during firing clinker giving non-uniform color. And in order to achieve a beautiful raznotonnosti characteristic of baked bricks, during firing of the burner are inhomogeneous chaotic motion - this gives the maximum similarity clinker tiles with brickwork.
Paving tiles under brick will add to your interior brutality
Clay tile: Use features in the interior
Internal fully tiled brick - a great way to elevate the room, at the same time it will avoid the need to build high-grade masonry. On the one hand, in a city apartment it will save space, which is inevitable "eat" full brick, the other - to avoid additional load on the supporting structures. This is very important, because today there are architectural styles, where exposed brick walls - a characteristic sign and a very important design element:
- loft - a style that originated in the former factories and warehouses, where the new owners simply do not have enough money for repairs, therefore preserved primeval industrial aesthetics: wires, beams, pipes and ducts, and, of course, brickwork. Later, the aesthetics migrated in ordinary houses and apartments in a loft style, in which at least one wall is made (or an imitation) of the brick
Workplace with a brick finish
Glazed clinker tiles in the interior of the loft style
- country - whether a village or house hunting, country cottage, its mandatory element - fire or large oven, that there was no need to plaster, or finish, as well as a wall of bricks. These elements of style have moved to urban apartments, where country style - is necessarily a combination of wood and brick walls
Clinker tiles in country style interior
- Gothic - the walls of the medieval knights' castles knew finishes, so the brick and a rock - a mandatory element of style. Modern Gothic Revival - a spectacular contrasts, where brutality brickwork adjacent to the luxury four-poster bed, and pointed arch, lined with old brick - with massive crystal chandelier
- minimalism - rough brickwork intended to emphasize the essence of urban style, adding to it a little bit of extravagance. To do this often use brown, red or brown brick, which can successfully replace clinker tiles for walls
Paving tiles under brick emphasize the style of your interior
- high tech - lined with ceramic tiles surfaces are perfectly combined with high-tech office equipment and modern furniture. The use of white ceramic tiles allow glass shade and chrome surfaces, widely used for decorating modern hi-tech kitchen.
The kitchen is high-tech style
In the classical interiors clinker tiles, "under a rock" in demand for facing columns. Walls ceramic tiles will give the room a shade of noble antiquity.
There are some basic architectural techniques of using ceramic tiles:
- accent wall - for example, the wall located behind headboard, which will look particularly impressive in conjunction with a wooden bed. As an option - the wall behind the sofa or dining table, in any case - with the help of ceramic tiles is easy to perform the focus for one of the walls
The harmonious combination of brick and interior bedroom
Accent wall of red brick
- Kitchen Apron - tiles are absolutely waterproof, on it will not start mold and stroke, it is easy to clean, combining spectacular views and easy maintenance
Apron kitchen of bricks - a beautiful and practical solution
- fireplace decoration - in combination with electrofireplace It allows you to send precisely in urban apartments architectural features fireplace
Fireplace decorated with ceramic tiles
- space zoning - allow sufficient accuracy to visually mark the boundaries of functional zones
Laying ceramic tiles: technology features
For laying ceramic tiles as a suitable base reinforced concrete, brick walls, metal, wood, cement, gypsum board and here - not the best option, because the foundation must be durable and able to withstand considerable loads.
The stylish black wall in the living room interior
Fireplace in the living room of a clinker finish
Stylish interior in dark colors
Before laying the surface level and protect against dirt, remnants of the old masonry, dust, grease, rust, paint, etc.
Tip! Highly absorbing or dusty base must necessarily process the priming emulsion - it further strengthen and stabilize the foundation, and also improve adhesion with an adhesive base solution.
Before you begin, you must carry out a preliminary layout that on the most visible areas of the whole place a tile, and Reza - closer to the cap or the eaves. If you have to coat the corner, this is done using a special, angled tile - it will get the angles perfectly aligned, and laying begin from the corner. In partial decorating the walls begin to work from a window or doorway.
Ceramic tiles with an imitation brick and fits perfectly into the interior of the Art Nouveau style
Fireplace and chimney, decorated with white bricks
Tip! Before laying the tiles from different packs it recommended mix well - this will reduce the contrast of colors tiles from different batches.
Laying begins with the lower row, the adhesive solution was applied to a toothed spatula, the coated area of less than one square meter, because the solution preserves its optimum adhesive qualities not more than 30 minutes. Invalid laid tiles can be corrected within 10-15 minutes after final setting occurs.
Laying ceramic tiles
The rows are aligned on the braid after each laying of the second row. sealing of joints is carried out after the final solidification of the adhesive solution after approximately 24 hours. For this purpose, special grouting that inward seam deeply entered using a rubber spatula (trowel with adhered rubber). Excess weight filler retractable hard sponge.
Laying can be performed independently
The cost of finishing ceramic tiles are much lower finish of natural and artificial stone