Polycarbonate canopy over the porch - a simple way to protect the entrance to the house from the weather, and thus suitable for any exterior style
Visors of polycarbonate over the porch - a small shed, one side of the tightly adjacent to the front of the house. He performs as a purely practical and decorative functions, adding the house presentable, without entrance would look quite dull. With porch visor looks generally as a complete and integral architectural composition.
- Canopy over the porch: functions and features
- Basic requirements to the visor
- Roofs of polycarbonate door: the advantages of the popular solutions
Two of the most popular ready-made designs for the porch canopies
Polycarbonate - translucent material, and the supporting elements can be seen through it
Of polycarbonate sheets do individually designed for porch awnings
Canopy over the porch: functions and features
The main function of canopy over the porch - a porch entrance and protection from rain, snow, hail and sunshine. A simple example - no matter how secure and well-protected and has not been lined Entrance door, under the influence of the sun, wind and moisture it will start to lose its original presentable. Over time, it will stain the paint flaked off, will appear rust. Of course, all this can be avoided, but it will take time and cost. Also, it got to the castle in winter moisture can cause jamming (sometimes - full damage) mechanism - you just can not open it because it was cold - a situation that, unfortunately, is well known to many motorists.
For oblique lines of the visor polycarbonate sheet should immediately provide drainage of rainwater
Another point - allocating water. Firstly, visor allows you to exit from the house and quietly open umbrella. Or vice versa, when he got home, close the hood and no fuss, and without deviating from the unpleasant rain, get the keys, open the door and enter the house. And by the way, wipe your feet on the mat dry. Secondly, water, including dripping from the roof, removed from porch, which reduces the negative impact on his natural factors. In addition, there is no fear that coming out of the house in winter, will have to balance on slippery Frostscale steps, which is especially dangerous if the high porch.
Minimalistic visor design on a heavy metal frame of the porch of the house in a modern style
If your location is not a problem of heavy snow - you can choose pergolny visor - without tilting
Canopy over the entrance of polycarbonate effectively it reflects sunlight. This helps to reduce the thermal load on the walls, as a result of the summer in the house will be a little cooler, which in turn will save energy - less air conditioning will work.
Visor of curved monolithic polycarbonate steel supports over the double entrance door
Polycarbonate visor-awning on the vertical supports, complete with an openwork metal panels for laser cutting
Basic requirements to the visor
rigidity. Visor will have to withstand quite a lot of stress - water flow, snow (load posed by accumulating snow, big enough, so it is important to correctly choose the form in which the snow will "crawl" with visor), strong winds (the visor must not break). Therefore, to impart sufficient structural stability need farm (base), various materials may be used for which:
- metal corners - allows you to visually light, modern and attractive awnings. It is best to connect them to use welding, it looks more aesthetic than if the bolt connection will be used
Compound polycarbonate sheets
- tree - gradually loses its appeal, primarily due to poor compatibility with modern materials, such as cast or cellular polycarbonate. In other matters, when it comes to home from a bar or logs, in order to preserve the unity of the other options do not have style. Due to the use of a sufficiently heavy roofing, for sufficiently large area of the visor, safety and reliability of the design, the need to install the support pillars, which generally heavier design visually
Large canopy over the porch of the house in oriental style
Wood and metal stressed structural mass of the polycarbonate transparent visor
- forged frame - a visor give aristocratic home, making the front group more solemn and elegant. But at the same time - this is the most costly option
Clear polycarbonate (or glass) canopy, framed by an elegant wrought - the right choice for a classic exterior
area visor. The perfect size - this is when the visor completely covers the front door and the whole area of the porch, plus 30-40 cm around it. However, the canopy can be extended up to the driveway - then came out of the car, you do not have to run across the rain. Or by extending the canopy over the porch, get a canopy over the terrace. However, in this case it is necessary to install additional support - this variant is simpler and more effective than increasing the thickness of the carrier beam structure.
Two in one - a small shed for patio and canopy over the entrance to the house
Asymmetrical horizontal visor large area
Custom support of steel I-beams for a large canopy over the entrance
Way to significantly obscure the windows of the first floor - an extended canopy of colored polycarbonate
Shed a long polycarbonate visor along the windows is essential for retention of ultraviolet
Form visor. First of all, it should ensure a reliable water drainage and, as mentioned above, to prevent the accumulation of snow. In addition, it should be in harmony with the overall architectural design of the house facade. The shape may be a lean-visor, gable, arched, tent, etc.
Brutal design gable canopy over the porch at home in the industrial style
Wrought-iron canopy, complete with wall façade lights in forged body
The easiest, most affordable, ready visor manufactured commercially
Visor-awning for the patio, light enough to not need the vertical supports
Tip! When designing a form of canopy, especially a large area, just contemplate the installation of drainage system - this will significantly increase the effectiveness of the protection from the rain.
Roofs of polycarbonate door: a popular solution
To date, one of the most popular solutions - a translucent visor design, which is based on a metal frame, and as a roofing material used is polycarbonate. This embodiment has many advantages:
- Polycarbonate - a very sturdy and reliable material. Here's a video of the experiment, which shows the strength test visor made of polycarbonate:
As you can see, polycarbonate is sufficiently flexible and impact resistant, so do not crack during sudden peak loads, good resistance and long-term static loads.
- Polycarbonate - a very practical material after installing it practically requires no further maintenance (except - it is periodically washed when dust will accumulate thereon)
Care of the polycarbonate visor on a metal frame may need only periodic washing with water from a garden hose
- Polycarbonate is very flexible, allowing the manufacture thereof awnings complex geometrically, structure
- Polycarbonate is durable, it is not subject to corrosion or rotting, withstands any natural factors, it can be operated in the temperature range from -50C to + 220C. The only drawback - eventually, at inexpensive grades of polycarbonate due to the effects of ultraviolet radiation may slightly fade the original color of the coating
- it transmits light well (blocking the ultraviolet light), so under the peak will not be dark. In addition, the transparent polycarbonate in general, makes the entire structure is optically light and does not weigh down the facade of a building
Polycarbonate visor with a maximum light reflectance
Extended to a very large input group bent polycarbonate visor
Tip! When designing should definitely provide for the installation on the visor lantern, which will cover the approaches to the house. And so the light does not burn in vain, to equip the lamp motion sensor - it will be triggered when someone comes to the porch
Horizontal translucent shade of solid polycarbonate in a wooden frame
- affordability - polycarbonate is cheaper than ordinary glass, metal or wood
The easiest visor, acquired in the finished design would look great if it suitable to complement the color and style of accessories (lights, mailboxes, railings)
Very beautiful and comfortable canopies over the entrance door of a transparent solid polycarbonate - they are viewed from the second floor of the house
Lightweight visor design ddya narrow entrance to the house with standard width door
- lightweight - whereby it quite easy to mount, and the frame itself is made of a thin metallic (aluminum) profile
- Flameproof - polycarbonate does not burn or support combustion
monolithic polycarbonate sheets similarly scatter the light as cell sheets
Hidden lights input color group for polycarbonate visor. It is very convenient to make it touch
Small straight canopy from sheets of colored polycarbonate
Polycarbonate (both monolithic and mobile) is available in a variety of colors, so you always have the option to choose a color that best fit under the overall style of the house. That is why the canopy over the entrance of the polycarbonate is capable for a long time and effectively fulfill their practical function, but become not just a harmonious exterior decorative addition, but also with a certain approach - a bright accent that can completely alter the perception of the exterior of the house.